Greater Seattle area gun range

Bullseye was aslo busted for being the place where the DC snipers got there gun, I am pretty sure the owner was rung up on Federal charges for not having the guns he was supposed to.
And your point, beside muckraking?

Also Lake Padden Range (County facility), Kesselring's new indoor range in Burlington, and Greene's Gun Shop range on Whidbey Island, if you want to travel north.

Kesselring's is the best gun store in the north end of the state.

And no a Washingtonian can't shoot a privately owned full auto - you can own one but you'll have to drive South or East to shoot it.

A correction is needed here.

Here is the text of the law:

RCW 9.41.190:
(1) It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or to assemble or repair any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle.

(2) This section shall not apply to:

(a) Any peace officer in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty, or to any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty; or

(b) A person, including an employee of such person if the employee has undergone fingerprinting and a background check, who or which is exempt from or licensed under federal law, and engaged in the production, manufacture, repair, or testing of machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles:

(i) To be used or purchased by the armed forces of the United States;

(ii) To be used or purchased by federal, state, county, or municipal law enforcement agencies; or

(iii) For exportation in compliance with all applicable federal laws and regulations.

(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law.

(4) Any person violating this section is guilty of a class C felony.

And, here's RCW 9.41.220:
All machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles, or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, illegally held or illegally possessed are hereby declared to be contraband, and it shall be the duty of all peace officers, and/or any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, to seize said machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or parts thereof, wherever and whenever found.

So, unfortunately, private citizens (yes, even police officers) can not own full auto here.

Kenmore Range is aweful

I've been to the Kenmore range twice about a year ago, and it is unlikely that I will ever return there. The facility is OK, but here's my list of complaints:
1) Staff are complete jerks.
2) Rifle range is a walking range, so you have to wait for a Cease Fire to change targets or put up a target. Both times I was there, it was a minimum of 30 minutes between Cease Fires and most of the time it was 45 minutes or so.
Good luck trying to zero in your new rifle.
3) Anything larger than a .22 and you can only load 1 round at a time.
So if you got an AR15, you put a round in your mag, fire, drop mag, put another round in, fire and so on so forth. That sucks too when you're trying to zero your rifle.

(3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law.

Actually , I believe you can personally own a full auto firearm if you owned it before the cutoff date above.

Dave

Ranges near Seattle area...

Sorry to learn of you relocation to the Seattle area. I spent the past 21 years there and could not get out fast enough...lol
anyway, the poster who stated you can own a full auto in WA is incorrect.

Next, if you are willing to drive 45 minutes north of Seattle to Everett there is a nice little club that is open to the public Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays if they are not flooded out. It is on Ebey Island, called the Everett Sportsmen Club. Go talk to Randy the head Range Master (and quite knowledgeable on autos too). The facility includes, shotgun stations, a 100 yard rifle range and 50 yrd, 25 yrd and 7 yard lanes as well. Some restrictions on ammo and manner of fire but a very friendly range and SAFER than many places.

Tell everyone Hi from Kevin In PA.

Not sure if it's still open...

...since I moved years ago, but I used to shoot at a combination indoor/outdoor range off of I-5 Exit 246 near Fairhaven. I think it was state owned. TMJ bullets required for the indoor range.

Good luck in your search.

Back