Grainy photo of Possible "Coydog"

It is a well fed, long tailed animal of the dog family (which would include coyotes). Beyond that, anybody's guess is good.

We have had dark colored yotes on our lease....I used to think they may be crossed...Now I just think it is just an inherited gene....

We're starting to get a problem down here in S Florida with coyotes mating with house dogs. Just this past season I was on my buddy's swamp buggy while we were searching for pigs and we saw this "doglike animal" come from around a myrtle bush. We didn't shoot cause it was a big freaking dog and there was a guy running his pig dogs in the same area we were hunting so we didn't shoot thinking it was one of his dogs. When we got closer it spooked and came out into the clear on a game trail to take off about 30yds in front of us and it was for sure a coyote. This coyote was every bit of 60-65 lbs easily. A buddy of mine is one of the game wardens in there and I told him about it. He said a guy checked out a coyote that he shot in the same area that weighed in at 58lbs the week before and has had some other folks tell him some similar encounters this past season.

Back