GP100 Trigger

rclark said:
Mine has a good trigger... Not gritty. Breaks clean. Can't feel much/if any creep... Problem is it is just way to heavy. No where close to 2#.
Please tell me that's a typo. You want a two pound trigger on a revolver?!? :-O

Absolutely. ~2# single action pull. It is what I found that works very well for me over the years. It's not to light, yet not to heavy. Just right (for me). Have my gunsmith set up all my favorite Single Actions that way.

RClark,

Two pound SA?

Do you have a trigger pull gauge?

Maybe that's just what your gunsmith tells
you because that's what you asked for.

I do have a gauge. His and mine 'match'. :) I do believe he sets most of his customers at 3# (if I remember right) that come in for a tune-up, but since he and I also shoot together sometimes, he knows what I like. He's also turned barrels for me as needed on the fixed sighted guns. This is at the range, so we can turn, test, turn until perfect with my loads. Again it works for 'me'.

I should get gauge and check to see what this new GP100 trigger pull is come to think of it! {edited} Checked. This trigger pull is off the scale. My scale only goes to 72oz and the trigger would not break.

Last edited:
This is at the range, so we can turn, test, turn until perfect with my loads.

Does he have a huge portable jig to set up the turning. I heard that barrels are very hard to turn, and that you have to recut the shoulder properly for a good job?

HighValleyRanch, They can be hard to turn. I never tried it though. He has a special vice mounted on the front of his truck, so setup is always ready to go. Carries the rest of the tooling in the truck of course. Special blocks (different depending on SA Colt or Ruger or...) to fit the barrel. then special block to fit the cylinder window with a long arm to turn with. Doesn't take much ... This was Bob Munden's setup. Jeff Ault took it over. These way when customers wanted a sight in of there Vaquero or Colt he could do it all at the range. He would then send a target with the tuned revolver back to the customer (believe Jeff still does that).

Back