Governor Palin tells Off Congressman Miller re Federalism!

We would all be better served if the Governor would grab her rifle, board her plane, and go after predators like Congressman Miller.:D

Even I could figure out that unless 100% of the airplane was mfg in Alaska,. . . etc.

Not even close, Baba Louie. You see, our robed masters in Washington have long held that even if you grow/build/produce your own products, you have interfered with interstate commerce simply by taking yourself out of the marketplace. :mad:

Great letter by the Governor. Hope she runs - we don't want Sen. Stevens serving his term and his time concurrently.

You see, our robed masters in Washington have long held that even if you grow/build/produce your own products, you have interfered with interstate commerce simply by taking yourself out of the marketplace.
I had to really mark that part off, just so everyone will get it.

That was the primary ruling in Wickard that undermined the entire Commerce Clause meaning... 1942, IIRC.

One of the few good things that came out of the Ds taking control of Congress is that Ted "Oil Apologist" Stevens and his series of tubes was no longer third in line of succession. Anyone working to oust that corrupt, backwords moron gets a gold star in my book.

Whoa whoa wee whoa, homey, one should not judge the great Uncle Ted for actions in the twilight of his career.

Every time I use what passes for a road system up here I thank him. This place would still be dirt roads and nose pickers if it wasnt for him.

WildeventhetoristsshouldbegratefulAlaska TM

PS time for him to retire.

Whoa whoa wee whoa, homey, one should not judge the great Uncle Ted for actions in the twilight of his career.
Whatever he did back in the day for your state may give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside but it doesn't change the fact that a man who doesn't understand that his email problems are due to his own staff's incompetence and not "clogs in the tubes" should NOT be in charge of anything relating to communications. He also shouldn't be serving when he screams like a madman when others suggest that his buddies in the oil industry actually be sworn in when they testify so they can be held accountable for their lies.

Every time I use what passes for a road system up here I thank him. This place would still be dirt roads and nose pickers if it wasnt for him.
Why do we always assume that the only one who could have done something was the person that did it when he was in a position to do it?
If someone else had occupied his position, would/could they have not done it?
Then they would be the one that without whom "this", whatever this is, would not have happened.

Wildalaska said:
Al as soon as winter comes, Im going to maybe do a Wickard thread (if I can find my book)
It's starting to snow, right now... What's the weather like up north?

Do your "books" tell us what Filburn really did with his crop? I've never found any of the district court fillings or any other pleadings. So I don't really know if the characterization of the Court was in fact what Filburn did.

PM me, please. So we don't sidetrack the thread.

Filburn was participating in a federal subsidy program. He was allowed to grow a certain amount of wheat, which would be sold at a guaranteed price.

He did that, but also grew some EXTRA wheat, which was said to have been used to feed his animals and his family.

It doesn't really matter what he did with it. Under the terms of the program, he was only allowed to grow his quota of acreage. The program had exemptions for people who wanted to grow their own wheat on a small scale and who were not participants in the subsidy program.

He did that, but also grew some EXTRA wheat, which was said to have been used to feed his animals and his family.
Someone did a calculation of his extra wheat and found that it amounted to the equivalent of every family member eating 40 loaves of bread every day for a year. The conclusion was that he was actually trying to sell the stuff outside the program he had agreed to. Bad on him.

But the real conclusion was a drastic expansion of federal power via just about any connection, no matter how tenuous, with interstate commerce. An expansion that only slowed down when it hit the Lopez case.

Back