Gouging? (warning: Another "I can't believe the prices!!" thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I don't see things getting better. Gotta go back to the WW2 era hunter mentality... once the gun is sighted in... why waste any more ammo? Especially at over $1.00 per round for 9mm hardball.

Just heard about a guy yesterday... owns three 9mm handguns (had them for a couple years!)... and not ONE single bullet. :eek:

Good luck to him... he may find it, but it will likely cost him severely. When I heard the story, I just shook my head. Can't imagine buying a gun and not having ammunition or getting it ASAP. Not even a magazine full?? :confused:

Last edited:
Good luck to him... he may find it, but it will likely cost him severely. When I heard the story, I just shook my head. Can't imagine buying a gun and not having ammunition or getting it ASAP. Not even a magazine full??
I ordered a barrel to be custom made about a month ago--since then the factory ammo and brass has become unattainable, not even the parent cases are available to possibly resize from. Talk about poor planning, building a rifle I can't use!
Wait 4 more years and you will wish you had jumped on that deal.
luckily i stocked up on a couple thousand of them at a mere fraction of that cost just a couple months ago.

TJB101 Gotta embrace reloading and casting. Still at 5-6 cents a round.
Reloading with what?:rolleyes:
Powder and primers are OOS just like ammo.
Cast lead and reloads void gun warranties.
Reloading steals time.

"5-6 cents a round"? Unlikely. Not only is the cost of reloading equipment not included, neither is the time involved. Time is money.

If reloading is a hobby, good for ya'll reloaders. I don't need another hobby.

"Not only is the cost of reloading equipment not included, neither is the time involved. Time is money."

You got that right!!! Time is our most precious commodity.

"Not only is the cost of reloading equipment not included, neither is the time involved. Time is money."

Am pretty sure the reloading tools I bought 50 years ago are paid for. Fairly confident the stuff I bought 30 years ago is paid for. :D

Its an old and famous saying, but, its not, and never was true. Time is NOT money.

Your time has value. You can make more money but you cannot get more time in life. Your time is valuable and worth money, unless you believe in working for free? Hence the saying.

That said, many people enjoy reloading. Different situation if you enjoy it as a hobby, or sell it for profit.

Gun shops SHOULD keep a box to sell with any new gun. Since most don't have many guns either, it shouldn't be too much of a hardship - and if played right, could be a good selling point.

Buy a box of 9mm for $600 get a Glock for FREE!"

Sometimes politicians’ ...and DOJ Nominees’...bold, Vague speeches are converted into action.

But so much of the time they have No intention of acting on anti-gun EO threats or bills (exception: after Newtown, which could not pass) but scare people (sound familiar?) into almost having a Stroke:eek: or an aneurysm:eek:. Will high blood pressure solve anything ?

>> Ammo: Are many people here Not familiar with CTD’s allegedly illegal (certainly unethical) changes - years ago - to numerous customers’ fixed ammo orders?
If Crustier Than Dreck (filth: German) charges a higher price than is acceptable - then don't buy it.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back