Got my IN CCW today-too easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ohio written test is 100 multiple choice question, same test for everyone who takes it and the instructors knew which questions were on the test and told us exactly. Everyone passed.
The Ohio hands on test is basically to hit a silhouette at ten yard 20 times in a row. I saw one candidate load anther's magazines b/c the first did not know how to.
I worked a shift, went to classes, worked a shift, went to my CCW class, could barley stand up by the end of it and passed both without problems.
Of course we had a 12 hour course so in which I did learn some things, but you could have gotten by without paying attention.

Requiring a test for what should be a right is saying that the behavior being licensed is not a right, but a privilege. A privilege that can be taken away at a whim- ...

I think divemedic cut straight to the chase here. I knew I was going to get flamed on this; I don't believe there should be any requirements to carry a gun, I just thought I'd throw this on the wall and see what stuck.

Also, it has happened that...

States requiring a test/training class(es) tend to reduce the number of opportunities for taking those classes/tests over time. One midwest state got in some legal trouble some years back because they required classes, even for renewal, and were giving so few classes that people's permits expired while they were on waiting lists, and of course, they were legally unable to renew.

Give the state the authority and the power, and sooner or later it will be abused.

Remember power corrupts, and absolute power ....is actually kind of neat!:D IF you are the one with the power!

There should be no "proof" that need be presented to those who are technically our servants (although they style themselves our masters) before exercising ANY of our natural rights.

The only proof that any govt has any business demanding is proof that we are not legally prohibited from exercising our rights, and all that proof is already in the hands of the govt, all they need do is look for themselves.

I do "truly" believe that everyone should be able to keep and bear arms without registering the person or the gun. My question is about legally concealing them in public. Yellowfin, you made some good points, I guess if it aint broke...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary

Main Entry:
bear
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
bore Listen to the pronunciation of bore \ˈbȯr\; borne also born Listen to the pronunciation of born \ˈbȯrn\; bear·ing
Etymology:
Middle English beren to carry, bring forth, from Old English beran; akin to Old High German beran to carry, Latin ferre, Greek pherein
Date:
before 12th century

transitive verb1 a: to move while holding up and supporting b: to be equipped or furnished with

— bear arms
1: to carry or possess arms

&

infringe

Main Entry:
in·fringe Listen to the pronunciation of infringe
Pronunciation:
\in-ˈfrinj\
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
in·fringed; in·fring·ing
Etymology:
Medieval Latin infringere, from Latin, to break, crush, from in- + frangere to break — more at break
Date:

transitive verb1: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <infringe a patent>

Carrying that gun any way you please is a RIGHT. Come to places like NY to see what can happen when that is not recognized.

Do you guys think there is a way to make sure a person getting a concealed permit has common sense without starting a slippery slope of stupid new gun control laws?

In a word: no.

A permit to carry has nothing to do with whether a person is proficient with firearms or not. A permit is simply a local, regional or state government acknowledging that a particular person's right to carry a firearm based on regulations in place has not been revoked. Period. Thats it.

There is no city, region or state regulation on the books anywhere in this country (that I know of) mandating that all individuals in that jurisdiction are to become familiar and proficient in the operation and care of firearms...or be in violation of that regulation.

I knew I was going to get flamed on this; I don't believe there should be any requirements to carry a gun, I just thought I'd throw this on the wall and see what stuck.
That's known as "trolling" in internet parlance.

wh17_cacciotolli_trolling.jpg

It can also be referred to as "flame-baiting."

No I'm not trolling. I wanted to hear others opinions on this, because I haven't thought about concealed carry much. After reading some of the trigger happy posts from 18 year olds on these forums and others, I wanted to get others input and see if I was maybe missing something. Sorry if I seemed like a hippie troll, I was hoping maybe someone had something I hadn't thought of as far as policing ourselves without eroding our rights, but I guess I've been set straight.

Thanks guys, this post has reaffirmed to me that intentions count for nothing; any attempt to change ANY gun right is an attack on the right to bear arms, period

tyrajam,

We all make mistakes. I'll close this thread now, since it seems a two-fold purpose has been fulfilled:

1. You've learned your lesson - Post honestly and expect the same from others.
2. The membership still knows how to deal politely with a troll-like post, however unintentional it may have been.

Good show, all.

And goodnight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back