Got my 3rd Double Tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Prof Young
If I had the $$ to be a collector I think I'd start with every version of the Sig P238 they make. There must be a dozen or so.

A dozen!?! There must be at least 500 or so...

That's coz SIG can't drill two holes the same size...:D

..............for practically no purpose whatsoever.

Signed: a guy with apparently "girl hands or an old person who can't take the recoil."

I think some of the Double-taps and the Heizers that fire rifle cartridges are good investments from a collector's perspective. They intrigue me and I don't think they will be produced forever. Anyone remember what those stupid Braverman one-shot pens sold for when they were in production (about $300). Now people will pay just shy of $1,000 for one of the more common ones.

I was nastily insulted from the owner of Heizer Defense and/or Double Tap after a polite inquiry as to the high cost of their pistols.

I would rather buy and carry a Rohm .22 revolver than one of their guns. This is coming from a St. Louis native as well. I was very excited about a St. Louis company, but you just don't treat customers like that.

I was nastily insulted from the owner of Heizer Defense and/or Double Tap after a polite inquiry as to the high cost of their pistols.

Sorry to say this, but that only makes me want one (or several) more. Company owners with nasty dispositions and bad customer relations = out of business soon. The collectability factor just went up 40% for me!;)

Boberg arms was one of the best companies. Us customers would talk directly to the owner/invented Arnie. I got my Boberg SXR-9S when it come out in 2011. This was a fun times. Too bad he sold it to Bond Arms which is pretty good on customer service too.

By the way Skans Heizer Defense and Double Tap are totally different companies.

By the way Skans Heizer Defense and Double Tap are totally different companies.

I am aware of this - I just kind of think of them as one and the same, since their products are sort of similar. I thought there might have been some kind of connection between the owners of the companies, but I really don't recall. I'm sure the double Double-Tap folks don't like that - I think their products were out first?

Yes, I love the Boberg guns. I have the XR9-S platinum. I would love to have an XR45-s platinum as well, but I want it made by Boberg, not Bond Arms. I would also like to have a standard XR9-S - a little scratched up would be fine so I could actually carry it. Not that there's anything wrong with Bond Arms - just prefer it from the original maker.

It may only be a two shot but after getting hit with the first chamber I would be hightailing it out of there if I could. It dose fall short of the average shots fired in a gun fight by 1/2 shot at by what I heard last. Do they make a .410 version that I might be interested in?

I too am an insatiable collector: Boberg 45...

standard.jpg

Double tap 45:

standard.jpg

Bond arms:

standard.jpg

I've fired the Boberg a few times to determine a load that won't pull the bullet. I have a few developed, but don't fire it much anymore. OK, I'm not sure where I stashed it to tell the truth.

The Double Tap-fired a couple of times as with the Bond, but I have not tried the Bond with all the caliber/barrels I have. I know where it is though.

Jealous of you Boberg 45. I just have the 9-S. 4 diff calibers for my Bond arms. Hopefully Heizer will come out with their 45 auto.

Rodentman, very lucky there with the Boberg 45. All of the Bobergs on Gunbroker have been drying up. Only one listed there for sale right now. I knew I should have just bought one when I could!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back