Got my 3rd Double Tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peggysue

It has been a slow year for me as i have most everything out there. Now i am trending to buy my 3rd of the same gun. I got the Double Tap because Buds has them for $179 so I could not resist. My first one cost me $350. I believe the company is out of business. I did manage to find another rubber slip on grip for this one. I had the extra non-ported 45ACP barrel so i had to make a set.

Guns bought 2016
1 SCCY Red frame pistol
2 SCCY White frame pistol
3. Double Tap 9mm non ported derringer

942873d1457607264t-glimpse-my-little-collection-20160310_041720.jpg

sorry upside down.

Attachments

• double taps.jpg
    double taps.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Already have a Kahr PM9 but I needed 3 1/2 Double Taps.The 2 on the bottom have ported barrels..so yes they are different. i will never shoot em either.
I had to have them.
Gun buying is an addiction to me. I have many many more than I can ever shoot. You know that Cheapshot
942995d1457639720-glimpse-my-little-collection-20160310_055131.jpg

Attachments

• double taps.jpg
    double taps.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Are you buying them with the expectation that they'll be scarce collectibles some day? I've heard almost universally poor reviews on them so accumulating three has me scratching my head...

I do not buy guns for an investment. I by them because I can and want to. It makes me happy. What is wrong with that.:D

Last edited:
Nothing at all wrong with buying those double taps. I collect guns and I too look for things that are interesting and may not be so easy to get one day. I wish I bought an Boberg XR 45S before Boberg sold out to Bond Arms. I have a Platinum XR 9S, and I would like to have another one - one just to have and the other one to carry once in awhile.

I also wouldn't mind having an all stainless Heizer pAK and the pAR - just for fun!

Just giving you a little raz Peggysue. I understand your need for the unusual. Heck, I might pick one up if I see a really good deal on it.
I have a few of those "for the heck of it" guns in my accumulation.
One difference however is that I don't have a single gun "I would never shoot".
If I can't make it go bang, I donr want it.:D

Leigh,

You gave it 5 stars without having ever shot the thing.

I get that you just wanted to buy it, but $180 is too much for an unreliable gun, if they are indeed unreliable.

Congrats! That's just 3 more than I would ever want to see, let alone own or shoot. Tried one once. You're welcome to all of them.

Great, now you can carry three guns each the same size and weight as a Kahr CM9 and have one less round available.

Possible clue right there as one reason they went out of business... It's your money to burn though, have at it!

I have shot one for fun . I have shot my 45ACP Downsizer too once. Even have shot my 4" M500 and my 2 50bmg's too.
Sorry guys I can and do buy guns. Lots and lots of guns. I only have my dogs to answer to and they support my hobby. LOL

Actually what happened Jonathan is that Heizer bought them out. ( I have Heizers single shot 223 and 7.62X39 too) If you look into the Doubletap history they have had a competitive past.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DoubleTap_pistol

Great reviews on Buds. Bad ones are from the girls who cant take the recoil.:).http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...leTap+DT009001+Aluminum+2RD+9mm+3"+Non-Ported

Last edited:
"they" have them on sale at my LGS for $199, a far cry from the $500 or so price tag a year ago.

I considered buying one, they have them in 9mm and 45 acp, but every time I do a little research on them I get dissuaded by the double fire of one of the bbls. apparently in the 45 version, the recoil is so harsh that it jars the other firing pin hard enough to almost set off the other round in the other bbl sometimes. then there is how big it is for only getting two shots.

of course, for a conversation piece I guess it has some appeal for some folks...

Only one rant on a double on google. It is definitely not a derringer for girl hands or an old person who can't take the recoil. The recoil is stiff as should be expected.
All in all for $180 on Buds it is a very quality 9mm gun. (Much better looking and made than a Hi-Point.) Plus prices are going up now.
Look at Buds reviews on it. Pretty darn good.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...leTap+DT009001+Aluminum+2RD+9mm+3"+Non-Ported

Last edited:
All in all for $180 on Buds it is a very quality 9mm gun. (Much better looking and made than a Hi-Point.)

Except that of the two, the Hi-Point is without question the more practical, accurate, reliable, all around useful gun, despite looking awful.

Except that of the two, the Hi-Point is without question the more practical, accurate, reliable, all around useful gun, despite looking awful.
:D
Yup, the Checker Cab of handguns!
Not sure about the Heizer/Double Tap. Maybe somewhere betwern the Edsel, and Yugo!

I would buy . . .

If I had the $$ to be a collector I think I'd start with every version of the Sig P238 they make. There must be a dozen or so.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back