Good place to hunt vermin in oregon?

I'm not sure that any form of hunting pigs is a lazy endeavor...

I'm well aware of corral trapping and made a choice not to use them...

In the fall, winter and spring of 2011/2012 I killed 180+ pigs using a mini14 and a box trap. I managed to keep the place free from pigs for a year after just by the pressure placed on them... That involved may late nights after working all day...

If you have a rule that no pig leaves alive, then it can hardly be considered a "professional" endeavor...

I wouldn't call anyone that hunts vermin and loves the outdoors names.... We all have different methods and come here to share them as a group....

I will not apologize for my methods, I did and do the best I can with what I own.

I lived in Hermiston 15 yrs ago, you might try south of there and over by Pendelton. Lots of hills and bunches of deer so be carefull. Birds galore but not sure about vermin. Good luck.

Depends what "vermin" you want to shoot. Just about all hunting is best east of the Cascades. Coyotes are a problem right now while cows are claving, whistle pigs/sage rats will be a problem in a few months when cattle move onto the range, rockchucks will be a problem in July when alfalfa is growing. Find what you are looking for and go get them.

I shot a feral pig near Ashland Oregon last summer. It was the only one we saw and it was not real big. The Sow only tipped the scale at 97LBS. Its was actually a pretty disappointing hunt. We did see a lot of deer but did not have a tag for them.

The best hog hunting I have ever gotten in to was in Arkansas. Got 16 in a single day.

Back