Good guy with a gun

You won't hear about that on the news. But they keep reporting on the other shootings.

I’m actually surprised one of my state’s local news channels posted about it because you’re right, this kind of news report doesn’t fit the agenda of most news media outlets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a "gun free zone". Now the D.A. is considering charging the guy who stopped the shooter.
I am glad Ga passed the new law that deals with that problem.

But wouldn’t the owner of the mall or even the family of the bad guy have to file suit first? At least in Indiana they don’t give those no guns signs the weight of the law.

the DA is considering making points with the anti gun people by SAYING he is "considering charging" the guy.

Private property owners DO have the right to make their property "gun free zones" if they wish. If you have a gun there, you are breaking their wishes, but NOT breaking any law. IF they ask you to leave, and you refuse, THEN you ARE breaking a law, TRESPASS.

If no one asked him to leave then technically he wasn’t trespassing.

I wonder other things.
There is a technique in analyzing a position called an Appeal to the Extremes.

Think of every ignorant thing you’ve ever heard someone with an opinion on this topic that is different than yours. Now imagine they are all untrained and carrying weapons. Every ignorant foolish clodberger you ever met….

I sure would not feel safer!

Having seen the knuckleheads at cabelas that can’t control their muzzle direction… sheesh.

Perhaps the best solution would be to look at other countries and see how it is they have less mass shootings.
Look at exactly what you said but alternate the carrying of firearms with the operating of motor vehicles. Are you also panicked over vehicular travel?!

Your is a fantastic example of the "blood in the streets and shoot-outs over parking spots" argument and yet it is statistically irrelevant. This Chicken Little opinion of yours has been ignored in this discussion.

Canada might be the place for you.

Perhaps the best solution would be to look at other countries and see how it is they have less mass shootings.

Japan seems not to have many mass shootings. However they have had a couple of nerve agent chemical attacks.

Bad-guys will find a way to be bad.

stinkeypete said:
They do so by not allowing anyone to have guns.

Take China, for example. You'll have a hard time finding any school shootings in China. But ... do a search for knife attacks in schools in China, and BOY HOWDY! Which only goes to show that the tool (gun, knife, flame thrower -- yes, a school in Germany was attacked with a flame thrower) is not the problem. The operator is the problem.

sako2 said
Anyone hear anything on the news about this lately?

No. You were right, 44 AMP was right, and so was everyone who opined that the save would vanish from the news in a few days.

I deliberately searched on "Greenwood Mall shooting" this morning and there has been nothing in the news since July 20th.

So much for maybe having 'turned the corner'...

Which only goes to show that the tool (gun, knife, flame thrower -- yes, a school in Germany was attacked with a flame thrower) is not the problem. The operator is the problem.

The single worst school massacre in the US was carried out with explosives in 1927. (The Bath school massacre). A rifle was used to detonate some of the explosives, but the scores of deaths were caused by explosives.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/bath-school-massacre-memorial

Makes me wonder if the GOVERMENT has their hands in the news. They keep bringing up what bad guy's do with a gun but not what a good guy with a gun can do.:mad:

Makes me wonder if the GOVERMENT has their hands in the news.

No need to wonder, it should be clear, the government has no need to stick their hand in the news, and even if they did, they would do it badly.

There are two basic things that influence what is in the news, both of them are entirely under the control of the people who own the news companies.

First, and foremost, is what sells, and sells most. Bad news, sells.

Second is news that advances the political and social beliefs of the people that decide what is, and isn't news.

A crazed wackjob murdering dozens of unarmed, innocent people sells news for weeks, or longer. One private citizen stopping that from happening is news for a day, or perhaps, two, then its over and done, and no longer "newsworthy".

Always remember that our "free" press isn't free. Its sold to us, directly, or even when not, SOMEONE is paying for it. And the people who pay for something often get what they want, or they don't pay....

Is this hypocrisy? When it comes to guns, hell yes.

Back