Good Affordable Bolt Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a range rifle the Savage 12FV that Cabela's sells is one of the best deals going for a budget bolt action. It's a bit heavy for a hunting rifle though.

The Savage 10/11 is another great choice if you want a lightweight barrel to hunt with. I'd skip the Axis and go for the 10/11. There isn't that much of a price difference, but the quality difference is significant.

The Ruger American is another great choice to consider if you don't like the Savage.

Keep in mind that the 25-06 and the 270 are long actions. The .243 is in the .308 family of short actions. - You may want to re-think about the VX-1 scope it's a real cheapy. The low-end Vortex scopes are a tad better, both in quality and warranty.

Keep in mind that the 25-06 and the 270 are long actions. The .243 is in the .308 family of short actions. - You may want to re-think about the VX-1 scope it's a real cheapy. The low-end Vortex scopes are a tad better, both in quality and warranty.

I have a VX-1 4-12x40 and a Vortex Viper 4-16x44... The Leupold is definitely the better. Unless your suggesting that the lower end vortex is better than the higher end vortex, I think your experience is in the outlier category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back