Gonna Buy Something Tomorrow.....

mk70ss

Gonna Buy Something Tomorrow.....UPDATE w/pics

Going to my LGS tomorrow and need something new. They have over 6000 guns in stock, and I always find something good there.

I am thinking I want another quality .22. Maybe a Colt Diamondback, S&W model 41, or a High Standard Victor. But I do like the Kimber Solo.

I have a safe full of range guns, carry guns, and hunting guns, plus AR's and an AK. I don't NEED anything, just want something I don't have already.

Last edited:
I usually just bide my time until something special pops up @ the used counter. What the special is? Only you know when u see it. :D

Without knowing what you already have, all I can say is have fun shopping.
=======
1. A S&W 41 is nice --- I have a 5.5 heavy barrel but if I am to do it again, I would get the 7 incher.
2. Double stack 1911?
3. 1911 (9mm or .45) with 6" barrel.

Found exactly what I needed. A mint Colt Match Target Woodsman with two mags. I went right to the range with 100 rounds of Winchester standard velocity ammo and tested it. The target pictured was at 20 yards offhand, ten shots.

A very happy day.

That's an absolutley fantastic choice. I've been looking at picking up one for a little while now.

By the way, that gun store you linked...just wow. You are a very lucky gun enthusiast.

Nice purchase. I haven't seen one of those in quite some time around here. Looks like a nice grouping also.

I am thinking I want another quality .22. Maybe a Colt Diamondback, S&W model 41, or a High Standard Victor. But I do like the Kimber Solo.
Wow.

I am arguing with the guys, one on each of my shoulders, on how I should react to the quoted text.

I'll go with:
"So I was thinking I'd buy a car this weekend. Had my eyes on a 1971 Camaro, a 1970 Buick GS or maybe that very cool '67 Pontiac Tempest. But I have to say that the new Ford Fusion really has my interest also!"

The point was, I didnt NEED any one of the guns I was thinking about. I just WANTED something new, that I didn't have. The Kimber would have possibly replaced my XDS/s as my carry gun, the others are just fun guns.

And I prefer my 2012 Shelby for a fun car............

Going to my LGS tomorrow and need something new. They have over 6000 guns in stock, and I always find something good there.

I have a safe full of range guns, carry guns, and hunting guns, plus AR's and an AK. I don't NEED anything, just want something I don't have already.

Not to sound crass or rude but this always astonishes me. I get wanting a shiny new toy, I do, but generally unless a customer walks in to sell a gun and I am able to score a really good deal on it, I generally pre-plan firearms purchases after some careful planning and assessment.

To be honest some of the customers that want to stand there for an hour when we are busy and fondle every gun in the case between 1911's, revolvers, or .22 plinkers is a sure fire way to annoy most LGS employee's.

Now my ranting is over, let me try to facilitate what I mean. You want a new toy great, take a look at your collect and see what it is lacking. Do you need possibly a new carry gun such as the Kimber Solo you suggested, or do you want something more practical like a .22 target pistol you can shoot more. Keep in mind .22LR ammo is kind of tough to find these days. You need to go through somewhat of a process I would imagine, we can all throw out 1000's of guns WE think YOU should buy, but really you and you alone can answer that.

I don't bother the employees at my LGS. I look at what they have and will compare a few and look at the overall condition. Then I pick what I want and lay my cash down and make them a profit.

You can shop the way you think it should be done, and when I'm spending my money, I'll do it my way, and buy what I want. Sometimes I just buy something I see because it's something I hadn't thought of. But either way, my cash is green and they are happy to sell to me.

Haven't you ever bought a new gun just because you wanted it, not because it filled a highly specific need or void in your collection.

Last edited:
Some of the best handgun purchases I have made have been unplanned, especially used guns. Here are just a couple that I just happened by at the right time to make a deal:

SW 547

Colt Ultimate Officers

Not to sound crass or rude but this always astonishes me. I get wanting a shiny new toy, I do, but generally unless a customer walks in to sell a gun and I am able to score a really good deal on it, I generally pre-plan firearms purchases after some careful planning and assessment.

To be honest some of the customers that want to stand there for an hour when we are busy and fondle every gun in the case between 1911's, revolvers, or .22 plinkers is a sure fire way to annoy most LGS employee's.

Now my ranting is over, let me try to facilitate what I mean. You want a new toy great, take a look at your collect and see what it is lacking. Do you need possibly a new carry gun such as the Kimber Solo you suggested, or do you want something more practical like a .22 target pistol you can shoot more. Keep in mind .22LR ammo is kind of tough to find these days. You need to go through somewhat of a process I would imagine, we can all throw out 1000's of guns WE think YOU should buy, but really you and you alone can answer that.

Wow.... maybe you are in the wrong line of work.

The LGS the OP is talking about is pretty huge, so maybe it is a different story there, but my LGS loves talking to me about all the different guns and stuff. It probably helps that I actually spend my money there.

Shep3dog, yes, I am on a first name basis and friends with the owner and his two brothers that run that store. I have spent a substantial amount of coin there, and they welcome me when I come in.

Back