Going Potty with a Belt Holster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see there's a certain risk in joining this thread, but here goes.

FWIW, in a stall, when there's nothing else to do with the gun but leave it in its holster, I refasten my belt on a farther notch instead of letting my britches drop completely away--thus maintaining the general relationship of belt, holster, and gun. I don't think I'll go into any more detail than this.

BTW, this method reveals an unheralded advantage of holsters with thumbstraps. If, in the process of refastening the belt, the holster and belt flop over (because high-ride holsters tend to be top heavy), a thumbstrap means less chance--or at any rate less fear--that the gun will tumble out of the holster onto that hard tile floor.

Anyway, it works for me. YMMV.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited July 23, 1999).]

This reminds me of a funny story Jim Wilson wrote in Handloader magazine a while back. Seems he brought a new sixgun into his bathroom with him to admire while having a sit down,dropped it between his knees and when it hit the floor,it went off and blew the side out of the toilet thus causing it to collapse into rubble with him along for the ride and the flood.

Maybe a lanyard around the neck would work for the bathroom. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back