Going back to an M&P!

To save money on ammo, learn to reload and then you won't have to buy that cheap, dirty, damaging, poorly performing commie steel crap. I've handloaded for over 18 years and have never fired a steel or aluminum cased round in any weapon I own. And best of all, I can load quality ammo for much cheaper than the cheapest commercial steel crap as well.

There's nothing wrong with steel cased ammo. It's not going to hurt anything. I agree with the original poster, a quality gun or any gun period should have no trouble running steel cased. The U.S. government used billions of rounds of steel cased ammo during WWII. I like it because it's nice now and then to not have to worry about chasing brass.

To save money on ammo, learn to reload and then you won't have to buy that cheap, dirty, damaging, poorly performing commie steel crap. I've handloaded for over 18 years and have never fired a steel or aluminum cased round in any weapon I own. And best of all, I can load quality ammo for much cheaper than the cheapest commercial steel crap as well.

I don’t generally shoot steel either, but let’s pump the brakes a bit. It takes a steel of equal or greater hardness to damage another steel in terms of impact on something like an extractor. Steel cased ammo shouldn’t be “damaging” anything. Even bullets with a mild steel jacket are pretty unlikely to damage a barrel at the velocities of a pistol round. I’ll also add not just communists shoot steel cased ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m no expert but I would like to interject an idea here. First I would agree with the OPs decision of dropping the Sig because it is logical to me. I’m not a Sig hater since I personally own three Sigs. I believe that the Sig is made with tighter tolerances. The steel cases are not as springy as brass cases. This means it would take a little longer For steel to get a tight seal In the chamber as pressure increases. This would leave a whole bunch of carbon inside the chamber causing FTE failures. Someone suggested using a brass brush on a drill to clean out the chamber. I agree with that. My CZ 75b will have this issue. Yes, A CZ. I have never had a problem again after using a Brass brush with a drill.

Last edited:
Whatever makes the OP feel comfortable.

Personally, if the gun ran everything other than cheap ass ammo fine, I'd be good with it, but it isn't my gun and not my life.

A lot of folks on here trying to convince the OP to change his ways. If a man wants to buy a Ferrari and trade it in when it doesn’t run well on regular gas, that’s totally his business!
No doubt. If something else makes him feel more comfortable, go for it! I myself am considering going to an M&P.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back