GOA gets VA's Veteran Gun Ban repealed

zukiphile said:
I don't think of myself as especially naive, but I did not see that coming.
I didn't see it coming, either. I have friends who are ordained clergy and my understanding has always been that, except for certain mandatory reporting situations, anything said to a minister, priest, rabbi, whatever, is confidential. There was no prior indication that a chaplain in a VA hospital would treat a session any differently. I could understand perhaps if the chaplains' office had their own database, in which they keep track of who has been in to see them. (I don't think even that should contain details of what's discussed, however.) To find all the details of my discussion in my medical record was quite a shock.

I also found the head chaplain's defensive reaction when I spoke with him about it to be more than a little off-putting.

I also found the head chaplain's defensive reaction when I spoke with him about it to be more than a little off-putting.

I can understand that, but it seemed to be a typical bureaucrat's response.

After all, from their point of view who are you to come into their office and tell them how to run their business??

Not right, but a very common thing these days, perhaps, always was....

44 AMP said:
I can understand that, but it seemed to be a typical bureaucrat's response.

After all, from their point of view who are you to come into their office and tell them how to run their business??

Not right, but a very common thing these days, perhaps, always was....
"Ve haf RULEZ, Colonel Hogan!"

Back