glow on sight paint

Save your money. This stuff is useless on sights.

I ended up using the rest of the bottle on light switches and it's only moderately useful there...

Tony

Glow-in-the-dark fishing jig paint is about the best but still not even close to tritium. On the other hand, it costs maybe 5 cents per sight-you get what you pay for.

Glock website

The Glock website has the best deal around on night sights, for Glocks of course.
Give it a look, you will be glad you did.

Back in the old days (pre-tritium night sites) we used white out on the front sight blade of our duty revolvers. I would not waste my time with glow paints because, as mentioned by another, they need to have a light shined on them to work and even then their usefulness is limited. Better to spend the $$$ and get tritiums. Sometimes advances in technology is not a bad thing. Besides, I'm past the age of having kids anyway. Who wants to get up at 1 am to change diapers? ;)

I can't possibly imagine that this will be any better than a plain white sight component. A handgun that must be exposed to light is going to be a vexing problem. Then, you really have to do some worst case testing. In twilight, does it offer any help? If the thing has bee buried in a holster all day, will it help at all in the darkness?

By all means, just try it. Don't bother asking for opinions, see if it works for you. Then come back and inform us.

glock sights...

hey ricklin if you see this OR to anyone else who has the info.
got on the glock site as ricklin recommended . price is right & installation should be ok because they are glock factory replacements.
are these similar to meprolight type of sights that offer a good daytime sight picture but only actually glow in darker conditions ?
the pics of them on the glock web-site look like they are not tru glow sights .
who makes these for glock ? :confused:

Back