Glocks

N2GUNZ

I have a few questions about Glocks that hopefully somebody will be able to answer. I had the opportunity to to fire a Glock 21 today. This was only my second time firing a Glock. The gun belongs to a friend of mine who is in Law enforcement. I was extremely impressed with the way it fired. It was extremely smooth but before I buy one I need more information. This gun is a LE issue and I was told that it has a 3lb trigger pull. The standard Glock 21 comes with a 5.5lb trigger pull.

1. How much of a difference will there be in a 3lb vs. a 5.5lb trigger pull.

2. I have also fired a Glock 22 that has a 5.5lb trigger pull. Will the 21 with the 5.5lb trigger pull feel the same as the 22 that I fired?

3. For some reason the trigger pull on the 21 just seemed so much smoother than the 22. Has anybody experienced the same thing?

I look forward to hearing your responses. Thanks!

Trigger pulls are very subjective. Probably the reason the G21 felt so nice, was a combination of the light trigger pull and its probably been used quite a bit so the moving trigger parts have been polished by use. So its not like the G21 in general is smoother than the G22, just that specific G21 had a sweet trigger.

Plus its real easy to change the stock trigger pull to whatever you prefer. Just go to http://www.glockmeister.com/

To my friends that are not Glockaholics, the 3.5 pound trigger break did NOT seem to be that much different than the stock trigger.

To me, a full fledged and long time Glockaholic, the lighter trigger breaks much nicer.

The G21 may just fit your hand better, and that is why the trigger feels better. Do you have big hands?

If not, then the above post is very correct, one trigger may have been more lubed or more broken in. There should be no difference in the smoothness of Glock triggers unless it is polished up with a lot of dry firing or a Glock Armorer, but it may feel different if the gun fits your hand differently.

Get a stock Glock 21
Polish the back edge of the trigger bar where it contacts the disconnect.
Replace the disconnect with Glock 3.5lb. disconnect (part # 721). Wouldn't hurt to polish it.
That will get you a very nice Glock trigger.

A G21 is heavier than a G22 and it also has a wider grip area and so better distributes the recoil forces in your hand making it feel softer when it kicks. My G29 kicks less than a G23 and they are about the same size, but again, the G29 is slightly heavier and wider. As for trigger smoothness, when i first got my G20 it seemed like every Glock i picked up had a trigger that felt exactly the same, but something must have changed over at Glock in the way they do things, when i got my G29 i found the trigger was no where near as good as my G20 trigger and when i looked inside each i found the G29 was not machined near as well as the G20... looked kinda half-assed. Gaston, are you listening? I have since polished everything up and all is fine now. LOVE that G29!

I have 5 Glocks, 2-G21's, G22, G19, G30. All have the stock 5.5lb connector, which yields an actual trigger pull of about 5 to 6 lbs, depending on the gun. A 3.5lb connector may result in a trigger pull of around 4.5lbs. Smoother pulls are a result of polishing the trigger bar/connector interface. I doubt your buddies gun had the 3.5lb connector, unless he put it in himself. The G21 does not come stock with the 3.5lb connector.

You can usually tell a 3.5 lb. connector by the mushy feel that seems to take longer to break than the std. conn. You can get a very nice 4 1/2 - 5 lb. pull via polishing, etc. with out having to resort to Glocks so called "Target" connector.

My .02

If you are buying a gun for self defense, leave it stock and shoot it until you are totally comfortable with it. Modifying the trigger is asking for trouble in court if you ever use your weapon in self defense. Plus, a 3.5 trigger pull is NOTHING in a stressful situation and you are going to shoot when you aren't meaning to. If for competition, forget what I just said.

it's not the trigger pull thats 3.5# or 5.5# it's the connector. to change the trigger pull weight you can either change the connector or trigger spring. a stock glock comes with a 5.5# connector and you can easily replace it with a 3.5# connector if you want. i personally don't like the 3.5# connectors since i don't think they're a good idea for defense and i use my Glocks for defense (i also use them at the range and in competition shooting).

all glocks will have the same trigger weight and feel stock (except the G34 and 35 that come stock with a 3.5# connector).

Glocks...

Sort of changing the subject,but I just converted my 21 to .40 Super.All it requires is a barrel and a heavier recoil spring.135 gr. bullet @ 1800 fps.Very little difference in felt recoil.Incredibly accurate!Makes a 10mm look like a baby.Neat.

10mm is easily capable of kick'n out a 135grainer @ 1809fps from a 6" barrel.

What was that about the .40 Super making the 10mm look like what?

I have four Glocks - 17, 26, 30, 36. The stock triggers are all different, even though they all have the same components. Polishing and/or shooting the heck out of the internals frequently has a greater impact than just swapping out connectors. As far as "what will happen in court", don't worry about it. Go to any gun-related website and do a search on the subject to save us a long winded discussion. Custom gun makers regularly tune their defense weapon triggers to 3.5-4.5 lbs and, even with the 3.5 connector, you won't likely be below even 4 lbs. As far as ND under stress, get training and practice. ljlc

It's difficult to compare different caliber Glocks but most shooters like the 9mm and 45 ACP Glocks. Great for training, CCW, and competition.

I've got a G19, G26, G30, and an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit on another G19 frame so I have a Glock chambered in .22lr.

Accurate, Durable, Reliable, and Serviceable but you. What else do you need in a gun that can be run over by a tank, dropped in the mud/water, frozen in ice, dropped from cliffs, and carried by 65-75 percent of American law officers. It works.

FWIW...

Triton's .40 Super 135 gr has been measured at 1800fps only at the cartridge box flap.

Most actual chrono results of factory ammo are in the 1600-1650 fps range...

Still, it's a stout round, and the best way of simulating 10mm from a G21 without buying an entirely new slide/barrel assembly.

In my experience with 'em, Glock trigger pulls seem to vary quite a bit form gun-to-gun when they are new, but break in very nicely after a couple of boxes of ammo. My Glock 20C has an extremely good trigger with the stock 5.5lb setup and was smooth from the get-go, but my Glock 23 took about 150 rnds to smooth out with the stock setup and my 35 with the 3.5lb setup actually felt WORSE than either of the stock setups. Go figure. :)

C.B.

Interesting...

Since I've started loading .40 Super with my custom built RCBS die set,I've chronographed 135 gr. bullets at 1823 fps so far,using 13.5 gr. of Power Pistol,with my newly converted Glock 21.Expect to surpass that when I convert one of my 5" 1911s.

Also have a Springfield Omega, 2 Colt Delta Elites,and a Glock 22,all of which I've loaded extensively for.Have managed to produce 1681 fps with 135 gr. bullets with the Omega,which has a 6" barrel.Anything hotter produces pressure signs.

Don't happen to know what it says on any factory ammo box flaps,since I don't use factory ammo.

Thank you very much.

Mr. Browning, sir;

You'll note I said:
Most actual chrono results of factory ammo...
Since no magazine or friend of mine has chronoed your home loads, I'm not qualified to comment on them. No doubt they are hotter than factory stuff.

PS. Of course, all numbers I've seen are from stock length G21 barrels. I don't know what length Triton uses for their advertised velocities.

PPS I'm glad to hear you're still alive, Mr. Browning. You should see what they've done to the M1911 in your absence. ;)

Back