Glock's great carry gun they don't make

Not a Glock fan whatsoever...but...High Valley, that's some really fine workmanship!! Bravo. Best Regards, Rod

restored back to original size

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
After going to single stacks for carry, i.e. shield and my current Kahr PM9, I decided that I wanted to restore the cut glock 19/26 back to its original glory.
I purchased this way back in 1989 and the tennifer slide is worn down to a matt grey, and the frame is polished by years of use.

I could not find anyone who had done this, but I was able to bond back on an A&G grip sleeve as the extension using devcon plastic welder and glass. It was done a few years ago, so it's holding strong. Here is link to the reconstruction:
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582401&highlight=glock+back+to+original

You will notice in post #4 that I was way ahead of the current trend to lengthen the grip on a SHORT frame giving the glock 43 plus and 48 plus, the glock 19 plus. My idea was to lengthen the grip on a glock 27 so making in theory a glock 27 plus. He He, great minds....
Never did come to fruition, although I still look for a dirt cheap deal on a glock 27.

Here is what the ole glock 19 looks like today, restored:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Glock 19 restored.jpg
    Glock 19 restored.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 307
Some people do cut a G19 grip to G26 specs.
Personally, I’m perfectly happy with the G26 just as it is. My Gen3 is a “never sell” pistol for me.
I did exactly that, but with a Glock 21.

It is great for carry and using the regular G21 maganize with X-grip adapters, it is almost like if it was back to its original configuration.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is also a "never sell" pistol for me.

And I agree with the OP, I think that it would be GREAT if Glock offered a similar model. Even better if the slides were interchangeable.

Last edited:
Hi HighValleyranch.

If I can do such a good job cutting the grip of the G19, I would put it on display forever and buy a new 19. That's a master piece.

LOL, thanks.
It just takes a bunch of hootspa to take your glock to the band saw!

FWIW, I've sold a couple of the chopped glocks, mostly the glock 20's and never lost a dime on them.

Ha ha, I have band saw and all, I have a work shop at home. I just don't have it in me to do it, I know my limits. I can do gun smithing type, but I am just not a good finisher. Just like I do plumbing, electrical work, I even do earthquake proofing, BUT when come to remodeling, I'd leave it to the pros to do it. I just don't have it to make it pretty. All my work has to be covered underneath something so people won't see it.

Hell, if I can make a Glock 19 like yours, I would be bragging and bragging to people. It will be in my display cabinet!!!

LOL, thanks.
It just takes a bunch of hootspa to take your glock to the band saw!

FWIW, I've sold a couple of the chopped glocks, mostly the glock 20's and never lost a dime on them.
If I felt more comfortable having it not look terrible, I'd give it a shot. Maybe some day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back