Glock SF Guns: any Problems to Look for?

It's an interesting idea, but the 20 is already pretty bulky. Do they even make a holster for the G40?

I wouldn't want a 10mm if I didn't handload. It's sad to see how weak most store ammo is. I get 1250 fps out of a Glock 29, which is not too bad.
Sorry, I didn't see your question until this morning. Yes, my G20L has a longer slide and barrel, however, it's not at all bulky. Consider that my Glock G20 with 17+1 rds of 180grn hot 10mm hardcast handloads on board is more compact and actually lighter than a comparably performing 6" barreled .357mag S&W 686 with only ⅓ the ammo load on board.

As to holsters, it fits just fine in both my leather open nose Don Hume Paddle Holster made for a G20 that I use as my range holster as well as my leather Yaki Slide holster I use for 'woods walking' to keep it tight to my body.

BTW, my 'nuclear' 165grn handloads chrono at 1,589fps out of my G20L at my range at 6,100ft asl on an 84° day. That's 925ft/lbs of ME and with the longer sight radius it gives me the ability to 'plink' steel plates at 200yds. :D

1fCs31u.jpg

Dave T.
Your comment on the better mag release on the Gen 4? When I first put some rounds downrange, my Mag release bit my second finger. A wee snip with a sharp knife...Fixed. What amazes me, is the finish on the slide.
First off it is just black! And with no blemish anywhere! Made in Austria.
I know many people did not like the finger groves (That's why they did away with them!) I like them. My latest 43X Nickle plated (Looks like that) slide has no finger grooves, that feels fine also.
My first two 15 round Magazines from Shield, do not lock the slide back on the last round. The second two, my buddy just bought 4, two for me. They both lock the slide back? Look exactly the same.
I wish Glock would make extended slide lock levers for the 43X(release) as they did for my 4th gen G19. I watched a team Glock shooter? His name escapes me, changing magazines in an IDPA match! So fast. So I bought one.

A bit of trivia, a firearms instructor, from Toronto Police, had the Officers on the range, jack the slide if the slide closed when replacing a magazine. The force of the mag change closed it? And the shorter closing distance would cause a misfire?

When the parts wear, that happens. Every time with my Gen 4 Glock 19! Never had a failure to fire, ever.

Back