Glock: America's Gun

Jimmy10mm said:
In the '80s, before concealed carry was commonly allowed in FL I kept a S&W model 19 4" blue in my glove compartment. I wouldn't own one of those ugly plastic guns.

Then at the range one day a friend handed me his Glock G-23 and said just shoot one magazine. It was love at first shot, and that ugly duckling turned into a handsome prince before my eyes. Within a week I owned one.

Exact same thing happened to me (except it was a Glock 17), currently I own over a dozen of them.

Anyone who doubts the performance and reliability of Glocks is living in a dream world.

Dad was always very utilitarian in his handgun approach. Having carried both -1911s and M-15 in the USAF, he was partial to external safeties and hammers.

However, a guy traded him a Glock 17 for something; can't remember, but now that is just about all he carries (depending on attire he may carry a Commander sized .45)

However, what I find useful in the handgun I carry isn't necessarily what Delta Team Six Recon Rescue may want.

I used to could rattle off with little prompting who carried Glock 21s, Colt Government Models, and Sig P-229s, but have sort of lost track.

I do find it funny that the Glock fan bois do it now and use to bash when I rould preach about how the LAPD SWAT and SIS carried Kimbers.

In my defense, that was in 8th grade "Guns & Ammo" as the holy gospel phase.

I read an article in their about how the SIS had worked with Kimber for a specific gun; and was thus sold. :D

Back