Glock 26 or 27

Ladyhawk

I think you did the right thing. If you want to reduce recoil a little you can purchase some 135gr. Federal Hydra-Shok "PD" cartridges. They have a little less recoil. I shoot them a lot. Very accurate. I was talking to a local police officer and he told me that the .40 caliber, H-S "PD" is all he uses. His exact reply to me was, "I can hit better with them". I believed him.

Kentucky Rifle
P.S. Oh. Take a look at Haugen Handgun Leather. Beautiful holsters! If you need the website, just send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you. Jerry Evans makes a "SOB" holster that rides a little higher than others. I was recently reading the comments in his guest book and it seems a fellow went into a convience store to make a purchase. He was wearing the SOB. As he left, a mugger was waiting. He ran out and "kidney punched" the shopper. (A tactic that had obviously worked well for him before.) POW! The mugger's fist went into the holster and pistol, hard! He obviously broke his knuckles and ran off "yelping" to a waiting car. The pistol saved the honest fellow and he didn't even have to draw! :) Kinda cracked me up!

Yes, I would like that email address

Kentucky, I would love that email address. Sorry, I tried to email you, but couldn't get it to work.

I agree with most everyone here... The 27 KICKS! I had one for a while, and have been shooting for years, but the flip of the muzzle with only 2 fingers on the grip made me uncomfortable. (Before I get bashed for being a recoil wimp, the 23 is no problem, and .40 is my favorite caliber).

I used to think 9mm was a wimpy little cartridge, in fact, I bought the Glock 26 first because I couldn't find a 27, then found one 2 weeks later and traded it +$60 for the 27! :eek: But I've overcome that little issue, and I proudly carry a Kahr P9 anytime I'm not at work.

Get the 26... Same protection, less recoil, 1 more round. Less recoil in a newer shooter usually equals more practice. Move up to the .40 later if you feel like you need to. (you'll NEED another gun by then :) )

Other people...

..tell me the same thing regarding my e-mail. Have no idea why I'm having trouble getting all my messages. Hope you got the site OK.

KR

Good luck with your 27. I would've chosen the 26 for logistics reasons as I already have a 19. I will recommend that you get the Pearce Grip Extensions for your magazines, they do instill confidence once you start poppin' caps.

I went shooting!

I shot my Glock 27 today and I absolutely love it!!! It was great! I even would have qualified for my concealed carry license with it. The guy who took me to the range also teaches the CHL class and had me do the same test. Thanks for everyone's comments!

Congratulations LadyHawk!!!

I just knew you'd love the G27! It's a fine piece and the accuracy is uncanny.
(Now, that recoil wasn't all that bad, was it? :))
Kentucky Rifle

I must be the only Glock 30 Owner in the World

Just reading this thread makes me feel like I own the only Glock 30 in the world! Wow!

Glock 26, Glock 27 -- hey guys why not own the best -- a Glock 30. Great feel, no recoil, great one-shot stopping power. As a matter of fact, the 45ACP (Federal Hydra-Shok) has the greatest one-shot stopping rate (96% in over 200 shootings) of all hand-gun loads commonly used -- (well it's tied with the 357 Magnum 125gr JHP)

Why all this talk of 9mm & 40 -- sounds like someone is trying to convenience themselves they made the right choice.

Oh oh, I gotta feeling I'll get some heat on this ...

Just stirring the pot a little,
--John

I wanted a subcompact for carry purposes. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. The recoil does not bother me at all, and I love the feel of the 27. I did get the Pierce extension also. I need to get another one though.

Glock 30!

Yep, I agree jdstone. I have the G30 and love it. I also have the G26 and like it a lot. I think the reason no one recommended the G30 is that it was not on her list. It is usually improper to force feed something on someone if they don't want it. Having said that, I believe that the Glock 30 is the finest mini-Glock made (it is the most accurate sub compact Glock and recoil is much milder than the G27). YMMV of course......

I have a Glock 30, but getting a good firing grip on it is like trying to get a grip on a big russet potato :(

Glock 30 grip & feel

Guess it is all individual purpose, but the Glock 30 feels like it is part of my hard & arm -- fits like a glove.

I must like the width of the double-stack mags -- 'cause I like the feel of my paraOrdnance 14-45LDA, but still not as well as the Glock 30.

It is a smooth shootin' and feeling machine!

--John

Nope, it is somewhat bigger but not "quite a bit". The G30 is definitely wider and longer than the G26/G27, but in height they are nearly equal. I can conceal my G30 nearly as well as my G26!

You guys gotta be kidding. Lay a G30 alongside a G23. You'll see they are about the same size (except of course, the G30 is fatter). Now lay a G30 alongside a G27. Big difference!

Ladyhawke: You made the right choice. Anyone who says the G27 kicks too hard is a recoil wimp. Just practice a lot and you'll get so used to it that you'll be an expert. I can double and triple hammer reactive targets in a split second with my G27. All it takes is practice and attitude. I'd also suggest losing the Pierce grip extenders. To me they just make the butt as long as a G23 (and you bought the G27 for it's small size in the first place, right?), and with practice the 2-finger grip is plenty comfortable. Also, by tucking the pinky under the mag floorplate there is less tendency to jerk the trigger.

My 2 cents.

Back