Glock 21

It worked for me.....but it mangled the bejesus out of the brass. I ended up getting a 10mm slide at some point.

Just because it worked for me, doesn’t mean it will for you.

Thought a guy by Desertscout did a bunch of vids, I can’t seem to put my finger on them now.

Of the bunch, I guess you can say I went the most nuts with mine.

In 2004 I found a German blued steel 6" longslide with Bo Mar sights and decided I 'needed' it for my 3rd gen G21. So, with a Jarvis 6" barrel and a set of internal slide parts from Lone Wolf, I made myself a G21 Longslide.

NOVUiWx.jpg

The Jarvis barrel gave superior case support and the 4¾ oz more mass at the muzzle from the longer slide and barrel, coupled with the 28% longer sight radius and great Bo Mar rear sight, gave me a much better aiming pistol. All that together made for an excellent platform that is easy shooting and accurate as heck.

xnVY7dI.jpg

Not content with stopping there, later that year I also asked Kevin at KKM to develop a 45-10MM conversion barrel so I could also shoot 10mm from it with just a barrel and mag swap. Turning it into the world's first G20/21L.

During the development, I found that one only needed the newest .45 Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) version extractor to use with the slide as it's 'claw' is canted at an angle giving it a better grip on the smaller dia 10mm case while the original flat extractor (shown in the picture of the pistol above) is vertical and doesn't grip the 10mm case as well.

EY6R7KI.jpg

Over the years I hardchromed the slide, did some custom trigger work, added a FO front sight, and added a magwell for some competitions I used it in. I also bought a 24 lb recoil spring assy so I could swap it out with the 20 lb standard one I used when I wanted to shoot hot 10mm or my newest handload, .45 Super.

I only shoot the lighter weight .45 Super loads through it; 230grn at 1,260fps and 200grn at 1,307fps as you need a comp on your pistol to shoot the heavy weight bullets at high speed so you don't tear it up and I don't want a comp on it.

ypZ18lJ.jpg

My G21L will feed anything including some of my old Speer 'Flying Ashtray' handloads shown above with their early HP with a huge hollow that are notoriously hard to chamber in many 45s. BTW, you can see the newer LCI extractor in the picture above clearly showing that the chamber is empty.

So, be it 45acp, 45acp+p or 45 Super, my G21L is ready and waiting to have a go with all of them and with a simple barrel swap and 10mm mags, it becomes my G20L able to shoot all of my 10mm loads including my 'nuclear' 165grn handload producing 1,589fps!!!!!

3.5lbs connector that I re-angled to give a nice crisp and consistent 2.5lbs break, aftermarket .45acp barrel, 10mm barrel & slide, 9x25 dillon barrel. It feeds anything I stick in it totally reliably. For all of that it gets carried daily in .45acp configuration and has only seen the other barrels a couple times.

The 9x25 is simply brutal in every way. It's like shooting an AR-15 with a 10 inch barrel and makes huge fireballs. Actually not fun. The 10mm setup is just a G20. Nothing special but full snot 10mm loads are pretty darned stout.

Thought about doing the 460rowland thing for it but decided to build that in a bolt action rifle instead and then to nearly double the working pressures. >2000fps from 230's out of a .45acp case. Totally not handgun safe. Would turn about any handgun into confetti.

I have a G30. I bought a Glock G29 barrel and a few magazines. It does drop right in, reassembled, and slide action functions fine manually.
I am going to order Starline10mm brass. So have not fired yet.

My Gen4 21 needed the large beavertail backstrap on it to avoid biting the web of my shooting hand. A Pachmayr Grip Glove is the only other change. I still have the stock trigger & sights in this one, I really like the way this gun shoots!

I'm on my 3rd G21. The first was a Gen 3 and I put after market sights, a factory 3.5# connector and NY#1 spring. Second was a 21 SF and it was treated the same as the first.

I had a G41 for a while and although I liked it I found I didn't shoot it so it was sold.

The third one, acquired a little over a year ago, is a Gen 4. I put Ameriglo sights on it and stopped modifying. Now I just shoot it.

Dave

Gaston G. if you’re reading this, we don’t need any more Gen5 nines. We need a Gen5 21SF. After that, go ahead & make the Gen5 forties.

Bicycle inner tube on the grip and spare magazines. And a night stand to keep it in. Holding the the behemoth of a brick that it is makes me remanince when I was five running around the house in my dad's shoes. But man can I shoot it well.
https://imgur.com/a/8x1MoXy

Added some fiber optic sights. Have a 6" lone wolf barrel to make it hunting legal but don't use it often.

I like a minus connector, extended mag release, and a nice bright front sight with plain black rear. If I ever stop being cheap may have the finger groove bumps removed.

for the G21 only folks.... what mods if any have to made to the gun from stock?

I have a gen 3 G21 that I might get some factory N/S for, but I really don't feel the need for anything else being done to it. its a good fit for my hands.
Hi, I have owned a Gen 3 Glock 21 since 2009, and it is my EDC.

I have done the following mods to it:

1 - KKM fully supported barrel
2 - Tungsten guide rod
3 - 22 lbs recoil spring

1, 2, and 3 are so that the gun is capable of firing 45 Super and 45 SMC, which it does beautifully. I use regular 230 gr 45 ACP as my EDC, and 45 Super when I go in the woods into bear country.

4 - installed Cominolli after market thumb safety
5 - grip chop job so that gun's grip is now the size of a Glock 30 utilizing 9 rd magazines, super easy to conceal. Using XGrip extension, the gun can still use 13 rds mags and feels like the fulll size, non-chopped Glock 21. Pictures on this thread:
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6756081#post6756081

attachment.php

attachment.php

6 - Installed Tau Group's "Striker Control Device" a.k.a "The Gadget". This is for added safety when re-holstering appendix IWB. Pictures here:
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6756319#post6756319

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Next mode will be sights, any recommendations?

I am an avid shooter, I have put 1000s of rounds (45 ACP and Super) through this gun in the last 10 years without malfunctions, the gun is utterly reliable (which is why I wanted a Glock).

With the mods, the gun is super easy to conceal and I could not be happier with it. As I said, it is my daily carry.

I carry AIWB. Due to my job at a state university, concealment is a MUST:

I use a Smart Carry Invisible holster when I need to conceal in a suit or slacks with a tucked in buttoned up dress shirt.
When wearing a shirt or sweater untucked, I use a Hidden Hybrid Holster or a Garrett Silent Thunder Slim holster.

Last edited:
Back