Glock 21 or Sig 220?

The Glock 21 is the best Glock IMO (G30 is a close second). It is in fact the only Glock that I can shoot as accurately as any Sig model. The 9mm Glocks accuracy falls way off IMO.

Both Glock 21 and Sig 220 are tackdrivers. The Sig has better ergonomics, while the Glock recoils less (IMO). Personally, I shoot a little more accurately with the Glock. The Glock is more durable.

In order to determine whats best for you, shoot both head to head (at a gun range that rents guns).

[Edited by Quantum Singularity on 12-03-2000 at 11:55 AM]

They are two of the best 45's on the market today. You've got a winner either way but there are differences. The Sig P-220 is stone cold reliable, lightweight, durable (durability is overrated for normal civilian use,ie I don't throw my pistols in snowbanks or run over them with my pickup), combat accurate, expensive and reeks of QUALITY. The Glock 21 is generally stone cold reliable (it wasn't for me), lightweight, very durable if you throw your pistols in the snow or run over them with your caddie or immerse them in salt water for sixty hours, combat accurate, relatively affordable, not made for "Mexican carry" (which I do alot), with a round in the chamber it is a holstered gun, period. Capacity is a non-issue in a 45 cal pistol beyond 6 or 7 rounds. Two fine pistols but two different pistols. Just my thoughts, J. Parker

As other's have said, both are awesome choice's. While the Glock's grip is really big; the Sig P220 fit's me like a
glove!!!:D No contest for reliability; Sig win's hands down.
Craftsmanship also goes to Sig; while durability goes to the
Glock, based on it's upscale polymer frame.:) With all that
said, I guess you need to decide what type of trigger you
prefer; the DA/SA tradition of the Sig, or the "Safe-Action"
of the Glock?:eek: You really can't lose with either; but I would pick the Sig, each and every time!!!:rolleyes: Cost?
The Sig probably will run $100-$150 higher than the Glock.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Make mine Sig

It fits my hand better and is more comfortable to use. Mind you, my opinion isn't worth ten cents compared to yours mvdemarco. Suggest you try shooting both guns and see which one is easier to use and more accurate for you. Your life, not mine, depends on your decision. Good luck!

The P220 is slimmer and easier to conceal. The G21 has higher magazine capacity and a convenient tactical light mounting rail. It's like comparing a Corvette to a Mustang, the Corvette's faster, but you can bring along more friends in the Mustang.

What is the intended mission of the pistol? How big are your hands? How much money do you have? (If you have lots, buy both, then send me the pistol you don't like!;))

SIG gets my vote!

I could never warm up to the spongy rubbery feel of a Glock trigger. Also, Glocks just feel unnatural in my hands.

SIG triggers are the best of DA/SA. And they fit my hands perfectly.

But for you, fire 100rd thru each then buy the one you hit better and faster with.

Both are good firearms but which one fits you?Please shoot both first.The glock doesn't fit everyone and I am one of them.The sig fits me very well and in my opinion is more accurate then the glock.Another plus is, the use of cast bullets is not recommended in the glock.No problem in the sig.THis makes handloading a lot cheaper.I would take the sig everytime.

I own and shoot Glocks, among other handguns. Have shot a friend's 220, both in .45ACP and .400 Cor-Bon. Both the 220 and the G21 are good pistols. I prefer the Glock, for more reasons than I care to enumerate.

Discounting having "more than six or seven rounds of .45ACP" is, in my humble opinion, nonsensical.

I have both. I like the Glock. I love the Sig.

The Glock trigger never excited me. The Sig trigger is as good as it gets.

The Glock is "boxy" and harder to conceal. The Sig is flatter and a bit curvier.

The Glock grip is decent. The Sig grip is, at least for me, the absolute best grip I've ever used in any handgun. The P220 points naturally for me, much better than the Glock.

The Glock is pretty accurate. The Sig is very accurate. At least for the way I shoot. Other people can shoot better with my Glock than I can, but the Sig make me look like a great shot.

Magazine capacity doesn't matter to me. If I need more than 7 in the pistol and 7 more in my extra clip, I should've brought a shotgun.

All said, go to a range that rents both and shoot them. That will tell you all you need to know.

If you like to baby a gun and do not mind the premium you pay, the SIG is really the better pistol.

If you're a more "casual owner" that is not going to do a lot of upkeep on the gun and you want to save money for ammo, night sights, etc, the GLOCK will better suit you.

The SIG is a little more accurate... the GLOCK will hold more bullets. Consider it zero-sum, unless you are like me and don't like saturating an area. (I'm kidding, it's not near that bad)

Personally, I'm more of the GLOCK type... (actually, not really, I buy CZs and Rugers... you don't have to pay a lot to get a lot) I don't like to spend wads of money and want something I can ignore at times.

You also might want to look at the HK USP. It's a good, European, premium, non-1911 pistol also.

I have owned a Glock 21 and currently own a sig 220. While the G21 is an excellent gun, I did have several problems with chipped extractors I got rid of it because it just didn't fit my hand right. The 220 fit my handle perfectly and IMHO is the best .45 right out of the box, both accurate wise and reliability wise. So get what you feel comfortable with. I love Glock pistols and IMHO make the best 9mm in the world, but in .45 all heads must bow to the Sig 220! ;)

They are both great pistols, I couldn't choose between them if I had to.

The Glock M21 advantages are capacity, reduced muzzle flip, consistent trigger pull, durability of finish, and ease of maintenance.

The SIG P220 advantages are overall refinement, grip size/ergonomics, bar-dot site set-up, compactness, and consistent accuracy (ammo variation considered).

The two pistols are very different approaches at a .45ACP platform. It's almost a "country gun meets city gun" sort of thing. For that reason I'd say just plan to get them both. Maybe not at the same time but definately in one lifetime.

Good luck.

JJCII

JJCII

Back