Glock 20 Feed Problems

Appreciate everyone's patience.

I was rummaging around in one of my safes about a week ago and found two 15-round Glock Store magazine "rebuild kits." These were Ca legal back when I bought them - before they closed the loophole. Anyway, I left them in their original packaging (in case I was ever accused of assembling them), and forgot I even had them.

As a "rebuild kit," there were dismantled. I assembled one. The follower is definitely different that my other 15-round mags. The follower looks much more like the followers in my 10-round mags - but slightly different. So that certainly looked encouraging.

Also, I removed the extractor, cleaned it up real good (it wasn't that dirty) and returned it.

Off to the range . . .

Unfortunately, it didn't go well. With the Federal "de-tuned" ammo, it jammed on rounds 4 and 6 - just like the others. I then topped it off with the hot HPR ammo - exact same result. Then I topped it off with more HPR ammo, and replaced the stock spring with the stronger tungsten unit - exact same result. I packed it up.

So . . . I guess I'll try putting the 10-round followers into the 15-round bodies, but I have no other ideas.

I don't always have much input on internet/remote gun problems as I often need to see & handle the problems in-person to figure stuff out. For Post 21, I want to point out the latest/current 10mm Glock follower would be a #4 follower. Any lower number could be of concern. I saw no different follower for a 10-round or 15-round 10mm Glock mag in Glock's parts list.

There are different mag springs between the 10-round and 15-round mags, however.

I'm also unaware of Glock selling rebuild kits, although any supplier could have put together such a kit, but unknown if the kit used actual Glock-branded parts.

Regardless of the follower number, since you also own a G29, you might try the follower from one of the G29 mags.

My only 10mm Glock was an older G29 (don't remember the Gen, but it could have been a Gen2) which had intermittent ejection issues (I called it a horizontal stovepipe) which I never could personally fix after buying and substituting in various new parts.

If the subject G20SF, I suspect Glock's Armorer would likely replace every part other than the frame, slide, and barrel, noting any possible differences with the old parts. It's possible some of the present parts could've been superceded/upgraded or somehow wrong for the G20SF model. The Armorer would then test fire a limited number of rounds to determine if reliable. The Armorer might have even test-fired the gun prior to working on it.

Another Glock I had, a G30Gen4, started experiencing failures to feed until I noticed the frame was cracking over the locking block pin area. Glock replaced that frame and the problem was fixed (probably too much frame flexing when firing the gun).

That's all I've to say on this issue. Let us know if the cause is ever diagnosed & fixed.

I've got no advice but I thank you for coming back to the thread and telling us what you did. I suspect many folk follow threads but don't post to them and appreciate getting updates.
Good luck.

For Post 21, I want to point out the latest/current 10mm Glock follower would be a #4 follower. Any lower number could be of concern. I saw no different follower for a 10-round or 15-round 10mm Glock mag in Glock's parts list.

Looking on the "slide lock tab" (don't know what else to call it), the 10-round mag has a "3" on it. The 15-round mag I purchased after moving to Idaho has a "4" on it. The 15-round mag from the kit has a "2" on it.

I'm also unaware of Glock selling rebuild kits, although any supplier could have put together such a kit,

I purchased the kits from The Glock Store. Although they likely assembled the kits themselves for sale, all of the components certainly look to be OEM parts. The Glock Store is a fairly reputable company by all accounts I know of. I know all of that means little. My only point is that I didn't get the kits from Guido out of the trunk of his '68 Cadillac. :p

I just went on Midway's site and searched for Glock mags. They are offering a follower that the pic looks absolutely identical to the one(s) in my 15-round mags - with a "4" on it. For whatever that means.

with a "4" on it. For whatever that means.

Generation of follower. The older ones and 10rd versions tend to be very flat. Newer generation of followers tend to have more of a "peak". Maybe try grinding down one of the "peaks" of the follower to see if it helps.

Back