glock 19, which gen?

Just beware that, with a Gen 5 G19, you'll feel that cutout underneath your little finger. (Not so with a G19X or the G45, because of the longer grip.) The cutout bothers some people; it doesn't bother others. If it doesn't bother you, I'd go with the Gen 5, because I like the subtle refinements.

Similar situation with the Gen 3/4, except the issue is the finger grooves. They feel right for my hands, and, for what it's worth, I have a Gen 4.

Just beware that, with a Gen 5 G19, you'll feel that cutout underneath your little finger. (Not so with a G19X or the G45, because of the longer grip.) The cutout bothers some people; it doesn't bother others. If it doesn't bother you, I'd go with the Gen 5, because I like the subtle refinements.

Similar situation with the Gen 3/4, except the issue is the finger grooves. They feel right for my hands, and, for what it's worth, I have a Gen 4.
Yeah, the grooves don't work for me (but the 17 and 26 is fine) and the cutout savages my pinky under recoil.

The Gen 5 19 MOS does get rid of both the grooves and cutout, so that'd be the one for me, specifically.

I've owned gen 3 and 4 19s and both were fine, I liked the Gen 4 better between the two.

Tomorrow I’m going to pick up a gen 4 that was described as “pimped out” (it didn’t look much different in the pictures as normal except it had stippling and an extra gold looking barrel) And tonight I won a brand new gen 5 as well. I’ll let you know what I would choose if I was going to buy 1 or the other. Great daypicking up 2 guns I paid $40 for though.

I've got a gen 3 G19 I bought new about 20 years ago. It's shot thousands of rounds and I've never had a problem with it.

I bought a Gen 2 Glock 19 in the early 90s and it is my go to CCW pistol. I would have no hesitation buying a Gen 5 Glock 19 if I wanted another one and very likely will get one before next election buying panic that is not all that far away.

I got away from Glocks for a while because the finger grooves don't fit my large hands. I decided to get a gen5 19 after handling one and I am very happy with it.

The grip cutout doesn't really bother me because I am not even aware of it when I'm shooting the gun and the other changes to the 5th generation are an added bonus for me.

19X before it's time

I'm a SIG guy (226/M11A1), but I work offshore and therefore use whatever I get when I land, almost always a G19. I've stared using G17 mags with an xgrip. I guess that would be a poor man's 19X, plus I have no problems getting the xgrip into customs.

I'm a SIG guy (226/M11A1), but I work offshore and therefore use whatever I get when I land, almost always a G19. I've stared using G17 mags with an xgrip. I guess that would be a poor man's 19X, plus I have no problems getting the xgrip into customs.
When given the inevitable 19, where do you get your 17 mags? I imagine carrying your own would prove more prohibitive in customs than the xgrip.

I sold my gen 3 23 a few years ago, and I missed it, out of all the polymer pistols I've sold or traded. So I picked up a Gen 4 23 last week. I dont like the cut out on the gen 5's grip. Now the glock 45 on the other hand, that felt great, but I cant conceal a full grip very well.

I sold my gen 3 23 a few years ago, and I missed it, out of all the polymer pistols I've sold or traded. So I picked up a Gen 4 23 last week. I dont like the cut out on the gen 5's grip. Now the glock 45 on the other hand, that felt great, but I cant conceal a full grip very well.
For that matter you can't get a Gen 5 in 40SW.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Gen 4 is the best in my opinion. The Gen 5 has many changes that are un-needed. Whom ever at the FBI that spec'd out the gen 5 must have been a non-gun guy. The flared magwell makes no sense on a doublestack mag handgun. The magazine is already tapered. The ambi slide release is also not needed. It caused the redesign of the takedown assembly as well as the locking block mounting. The thickening of the front of the slide caused the sig smile wear on the barrel we see now. No-one likes the pinky cutout in the front of the frame. If Glock stops producing the gen 3 and 4, I will not buy another.

I would be interested in a Gen 5 Glock 30, but I dont know if Glock will ever release Gen 5's in anything other than 9mm.

I don't mind the ambi slide stop. As for barrel wear, this is 5000 rds and I don't find it dramatically worse than what I saw on my Gen 3s and 4s, and it certainly hasn't caused an issue. The flaring I do agree about as I said so above.

Given that the 3rd and 4th Gen are the only ones in non 9mm calibers currently I'd be surprised if we see them disappear overly soon.
129c1f62b679b29f07763617008d5af6.jpg
7d60e92325c523d011c2f2fc4969ccdd.jpg
8f30bf055bdd5b4dbdd3fda6a8db28ca.jpg
f0d60a0ce03eaff1bb9739c37f00cd95.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Has anyone actually "shot out" a Glock barrel? All I see are spots where the finish has worn off.
Ask AK103K, I'm pretty certain he'd be qualified to answer whether his have been shot out or not. 147K through one G17 is pertinent to the question.

Back