Glock 19 vs. Sig P229

I have both a P229 and a G32 (not the 19, but the same size) and I find both pistols to be every bit as reliable and trustworthy as the other.

I'd say to pick the pistol that best fits your hands and most natuarally aligns when for you when pointing. That's really the acid test, what fits you best.

1) As far as durability, it has been said but the finish on the Sig will wear quicker, but the stainless steel slide should help lessen any corrosion. I know that my P229 has some wear marks from the holster, but the again all my Glocks do too!

2/3) The G19/23/32 are a shade smaller then the P229, so I'd say that the Glock has a slight edge in this category. The longer grip of the Sig will make the pistol a little less concealable, but only if you are wearing skin tight tank tops! ;)

4) The name makes the price! My EAA Witness has been a champ of reliability and cost me a total of 290 bux. Seriously though, more metal, more parts equal more money for the Sig.

5) Advantages to DA/SA as compared to the Safe Action of the Glock? I personally believe that a SA cocked and locked is a great defensive pistol and the Glock's Safe Action trigger (really a LONG SA in my eyes as comapred to a DAO) has an advantage over the P229 in this category. If you have small hands, the trigger pull of the 229 in DA will seem heavy, I know that my 229 has a 11lb DA pull.

Get the pistol that best fits your hands.

Derek

I don't carry the P229 since I got the GLOCK 19.The Glock needs no special care,weighs less,and fits in my SIG P229 holsters.For constant carry go Glock.Pull the trigger and it goes BANG every time.No de-cocker,no DA first shot.

Back