glock 19 vs. berretta 92

My very first pistol was a G19. I now own a G26 and a Beretta. I am happy with both and find that I shoot both well. It is large...but I do like my Beretta Brigadeer 9mm. Mike

I have both. I like both guns. I sometimes carry my G19. I couldn't carry my 92FS without some effort. However, the 92FS outshoots the G19 in every way possible. If you haven't shot a Glock, realize that they are not easy to learn to shoot well. I've shot mine for about 1000 rounds and I'm not quite there yet. I shot my 92FS great the first time out. Careful listening to the Glock worshipers! Glocks are not easy to shoot well, expect to put many hours into practice if you are going to use it for personal defense...

Interesting comment about shooting the Glock well. I shot a 249 out of 250 for my ccw license with a 19 belonging to a friend. I have very small hands and I can not shoot any other double stack DA pistol. I also own and shoot an officer model and Kimber ultra elite. As to why I could not use my pistol to qual, that is another story for another time. To each his or her own. Comfort and reliabilty outweigh marginal differences in accuracy for a defensive pistol. I'm living for the G36. Maybe this spring? Please.

*** The 92FS is not nor was it ever intended to be a CCW
*** The white wear marks on the frame rails are a positive indication that the slide and frame are properly mated on the 92FS
*** The 92FS will shoot all factory 9mm rounds in the broad range of the power spectrum. Lead bullets are acceptable as well.
*** Factory High Cap mags are abundant.
*** The accuracy of the 92FS is superior to the Glock 19.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

Back