Glock 19 accuracy vs Sigs, Walthers, Hks

krept,

The face of the trigger is smooth on the full size models. The triggers of the compact models have ridges that run vertically down the trigger face. Neither trigger has anything to do with actual trigger pull. Some people have a problem with the ridged trigger rubbing a blister on their finger so they opt to go with the smooth faced trigger. The reason that the compact models have the ridged trigger is because it is considered a target trigger by the BATF. This allows the compact models to gain enough points to be imported. Check out this article for an explaination of the BATF point system.

Wow, it's the FACE-face of the trigger that is different (so many complicated names for internals, heck, the trigger "face" could have been any part of the whole assembly to me). I guess it was so obvious that I missed it.

Geez... that's getting down to the nitty gritty, I guess. Thanks for the info, the stock trigger face does me no harm whatsoever. IMO if people feel the ridges are uncomfortable, then I really wonder if the "mountain" of a trigger safety distracts them.

Thanks again for the info Wayward, saved me the cost of a box of ammo and time trying to research what made this part so special.

Back