Glock 18, best gun Glock ever made?

YeagerTheKid

Inactive
In a past thread i had another member tell me that the Glock 18 was not the best gun glock has ever made. What do you think? Yes i know that its probably not neccesary that a pistol can spit out a 33 round clip in aprox. 2 sec, I said probably, but what if it need's to? The facts
-It's a pistol, easy to carry and conceal
-It's fully auto, 33 round in 2 sec
-It has a semi-auto setting if fully isnt needed
-It's used by some of Glock's pro-shooter's
-IT'S A FULLY AUTO PISTOL!

I'm not trying to make anyone mad, just want to know what everyone else thinks.

Not the best Glock ever made.

It's just impractical. Definitely not easy to conceal a pistol with a 33 round mag sticking out of it. All glocks have been used at one time or another by Glock pro shooters.

The only thing that is has is the cool factor. That, and if you're Morpheus, you will likely use it to blow up an escalade with albino twins in it.

It's just a full-auto Glock 17. I do think that the Glock 17 is the best gun that Glock makes, so I guess the Glock 18 is at least as good.

Folks like to say that the Glock 18 has no purpose. But, the truth is that none of us have every had the opportunity to train with one, let alone shoot one. I suppose if you have 10 drop-free mags strapped to you and you are well trained in shooting the full-auto glock, it may be a very practical weapon.

I've shot a full auto 34 with a stock, quite the bullet hose and a lot lighter than an m10/11. Best, at what?

To be honest, I don't get why so many folks think the Glock is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm not knocking Glocks because I do love the G26. It's just that I don't feel it's the best.

Now, as for the G18. What can I say. The overly short action makes it a true lead hose. I don't feel they are practical firing in FA unless it has a stock or foregrip or you have good trigger control and burst fire. Fun? Yes. Practical? No.

I've shot a Glock 18. It was not the least bit controllable. The full auto feature serves no purpose.

its mag not clip. No if full auto is your goal you'd be better served with a SMG of some sort.

Also any glock with the 33 round mag is anything but concealable..

I'd rather have a 93r, at least that has a foregrip, and the 3rnd burst seems like it would be a bit more controlable. I say this with absolutely no experience of course.

You can't miss fast enough, and with the G18, unless you need some up close firepower, a full auto pistol without a butt stock seems impractical. Fire superiority is not achieved just by placing rounds down range, but is achieved by placing effective rounds down range.

The chief of police in my town has one. I think it may be a bit of a holster trophy.

It seems to me that the purpose of the G18 is lost on some of the posters here. It isn't an MP5 or Uzi. It's a PDW. A handgun that will put five rounds to the COM of a target that is at a conversational distance. Five rounds faster than most could pull off a double tap. It is a weapon for making lots of holes up close and personal, at that it excels.

Best Glock ever? I dunno about that. Useless? I dunno about that either.

i shot a 18 about 12 years ago. full auto it's worthless, but if you learn to control it (3 or 4 round bursts) then it certainly has it's +'s. fun nonetheless.

Glock 18, the best Glock? The best Glock for what?

Is it still the best if there probably isn't a transferable one in the USA?

Are there even any transferable converted Glock 17's?

And it's still unergonomic.

That, and if you're Morpheus

is probably the only way you are going to get to own one.

I'd rather have a 93r, at least that has a foregrip, and the 3rnd burst seems like it would be a bit more controlable.

Yeah, there's at least some transferable converted Taurus versions.

In a past thread i had another member tell me that the Glock 18 was not the best gun glock has ever made. What do you think? Yes i know that its probably not neccesary that a pistol can spit out a 33 round clip in aprox. 2 sec, I said probably, but what if it need's to? The facts
-It's a pistol, easy to carry and conceal
-It's fully auto, 33 round in 2 sec
-It has a semi-auto setting if fully isnt needed
-It's used by some of Glock's pro-shooter's
-IT'S A FULLY AUTO PISTOL!

It's a tactically useless extra-cost Glock 17. How is it better? It has a "fun button?"

Plus unless you kept it on FA in holster... I would be impressed to watch someone flip the selector in order to go FA in a close confrontation. :rolleyes:

Back