Glock 17 or Sig Saur P226 which one should I buy?

I have a P226 and a Glock 22. I prefer the Sig because of the trigger pull. The Sig has one of the best trigger pulls you will find in a DA, but I find that the Glock has a point where you feel a click when the gun is going to fire making it very difficult to not anticipate the shot, which can lead to a flinching problem.

Just an observation here about glock vs. other brand debate. The glock owners always emphasize their durability and how they can shoot after being in hellish conditions. Ill admit my sig 228 would probably start rusting in such conditions. However, how many of us would actually subject our personal guns to such conditions? The army might, but how many of us sport shooters would? More likely, we baby our firearms, and the toughness of the gun all becomes pretty much equal. Even with field cleaning, almost all firearms will work as they should. Drop a glock out of a helicopter? Even if you knew or believed the glock would be fine, would you fire it without having a smith check it out? Is dropping a gun out of a helicopter such a common occurence that it matters?

Despite that, I find my friends' glocks to be as accurate as my sig (they have the 19 and 26). I dont quite like the ergonomics, grip, or looks of the glocks, but you cant argue with their accuracy. For me, it comes down to how the gun feels in your hand. Too bad the grips arent easily changeable on glocks.

You are looking at too fine pistols. I went through the same issue some years ago and went with the 226. My reason had to do with feel. When I held the Glock it felt as though I was pointing down and to the right.

You need to shoot both pistols and then choose the one that feels best to you.

I had this same problem a couple years ago but mine was HK USP9mm or Glock 17, I went with the Glock because it fit me better. Thats what you will have to do, find the one that you like best and that fits your needs.

Glock Vs Sig

The endless debate. Love the Glock. Have a G17 and G19. Never had any problems with either but I like the G19 better, just fits me better.

I have small hands, and although I have heard people complain about the Glock in the regard, I found the Sig more diffcult, I think because there are no controls on the Glock save the slide stop. And it seems the trigger hits the pad of my index finger just right.

I just like the idea of the Glock, same trigger pull every time, no hammer, light, high capacity, very reliable, combat accurate, simple and easy to maintain.

Back