Glenn Beck's Gun Week

GPossenti

This week on the Glenn Beck program, Glenn celebrates "Gun Week". This morning Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal talks about the new Louisiana law which protects citizens right to protect their homes especially during times like Hurricane Katrina.

If you can't find Glenn Beck on your AM stations, try KLIF.com from 9am-11am.

I like him most of the time, but sometimes he's a little too over the top for me.

But his gun segments have been fun.

He likes satire. He's not as focused on knowledge as Rush, but heavily emphasizes entertainment.

I think he's hilarious.

He likes satire. He's not as focused on knowledge as Rush, but heavily emphasizes entertainment.
You think Rush is focused on knowledge???

I have not seen the Glenn Beck gun segments. Are they on the net anywhere?

I have not seen the Glenn Beck gun segments. Are they on the net anywhere?

If you don't mind reading interviews, go to GlennBeck.com His interview with Marion Hammer is posted there. :)

Of all the talking heads, I enjoy Beck the most. He doesn't come across as arrogant or self-loving as most others. Limbaugh, Hannity, and O'Reilly are essentially unlistenable anymore. And I used to be a mild fan.

Rush may be egotistical but he's right.
Rush lies and twists facts so often that there are several books dedicated to just that fact.

This is the man that claimed nicotine is not addictive, that there are more trees now than when the country was founded, that heterosexuals are not at risk from AIDS, that poor americans are better off than middle class europeans, and so many other blatant lies.

Not a fan of Glenn Beck. I find him to be a very ignorant person on world affairs. Like most talk show host he is full of hot air. Even though he is more palatable than Rush he is still wrong on most issues. I am also suspicious of his sudden conversion to being pro-gun. Wouldn't be the first time a radio host jump on a bandwagon as a ratings ploy. We will see where he stands in five years.

There was actually an independent organization which followed Rush's statements and found that he was correct 98% of the time.

What are some of the inaccuracies that Rush has made?

Also, Glenn Beck has been on the radio for many years before he started doing his CNN Headline News TV show. "Gun Week" of which I speak is on his radio show. You can find it streaming online. It's different from his TV show.

Rush lies and twists facts so often that there are several books dedicated to just that fact.

Books written by liberals.

This is the man that claimed nicotine is not addictive, that there are more trees now than when the country was founded, that heterosexuals are not at risk from AIDS, that poor americans are better off than middle class europeans, and so many other blatant lies.

Even if true what has any of got to do with politics?

Books written by liberals.
Who counter his lies with verifiable fact. That does not change because of their political affiliation.
Even if true what has any of got to do with politics?
He lies about everything and all his lies I mentioned were to support his personal political bent. Even if they weren't, they show his willingness to be deceitful to his listeners...either that or his is the worlds biggest idiot.

Last night I watched Keith Olbermann, followed by Glenn Beck. Great entertainment and lots to think about. I don't agree, completely, with either one of them, but they both force their viewers to think.

Beck had Ted Nugent on during his gun segment. It's really refreshing to see/hear intelligent discussion of gun issues on national TV.

Bob

Personally I can't stand Rush..........I consider him a blowhard. However, someone who drives the bleeding-heart liberals crazy, as he does, can't be all bad.

Do you have links or references for these quotes?

Back