Getting ready for the new addition

I figger I'll be able to cast this weekend. I got the newer style "lightning-bolt shape" cut with mine. It's healing nicely though. I think most of the tenderness is from the bruising. I don't know how long before I'll be shooting the .480 Ruger but I feel confident that I can cast in about two more days. Stitches come out next Monday. :)

^^^ouch. No thanks. Hope you feel better soon. Meanwhile, you truly have something to look forward to... I've shot dozens of different handguns. From CZs, CZ clones, Sigs, glocks, Berettas, Astra's, Khars, Rugers, S&WS... Well you get the point. Nothing like a good 1911. Its like a great revolver... Hard to describe how great it actually feels.

Good looking boolits BTW.

Didn't know of your surgery until right now. Lots of bandages I see. Got the wife feeling sorry for yaw I'll bet.
As far as the new Colt. Its easier to target & shoot than that other Bohemian pistol you have. Anywho. Take it easy down there in Dixie you old bushwhacker. Catch yaw later Chuck. tommy

Gratz on that new 1911. You will have a ton of fun with it. Watch out for hammer bite on it lol.

I have been casting 230 gr. Hollow points. But my alloy 50/50 lead/lino is way to hard and i have to remelt it and add some pure lead.

I have been using 8 gr. Of silhouette. Gets like 925 fps. No leading in the barrel. Also use carnuba red for lube.

I sure hope you have healed up and are back up and running

Back