Getting P7M8

subject

I don't have the Tac, but I do have the USP .45 fullsize with a match trigger.
The match trigger is the same on all USP receivers//frames..
I have shot the match trigger on the Tactical, Match, Expert
etc and they are all the SAME...
The MK23 trigger is even better yet....
I would have to say that the P7 trigger is not as "crisp" or accurate as the USP/MK23 trigger...
That is really not fair as the P7 and the USP are like night and day in the way they are built...
I still love my P7's but the "match trigger" on the USP
series beats it hands down....
(my wife likes the "tuned" 1911 triggers)

Just Mr.& MRS. Dakodakids' opinion...
God Bless and always be safe....
Danke........

I am fortunate to have a P7M8 and a P7 (PSP w/european mag.
release). The P7 series is the ne plus ultra in handguns.
They are superb in every aspect, except one. Shooting more
than 100 or more rounds will make them so hot that they
cannot be fired until after a significant cooling off period. Good luck in your quest.
Regards,
DRC

A guy sold a HK P7 PSP NIB/ANIB about 2 minutes before I got to him at the gun show today. Price? $750. And just last night, I fell in love with my brother's HK P7 he got at the last gun show for the same amount but with more wear and tear.

CRAP!!!

You have a great conversation going here. I would like to use your thread to answer a long standing question i have about used HKP7's. If I am going to buy a used one that is LNIB and the seller has the warranty card still, will the warranty still be valid if I complete it and send it in?
Did anyone else notice that the prices on Guns America were extremely high?

A word of caution, make sure if and when you buy something online to make sure it is new or like new. New meaning just that,never owned. I recently bought one which was advertised as new,100% in box. You can only imagine my surprise when I opened the box and turned it over to see a grinding mark on the right slide.:( So far I have not been able to resolve the issue. My mistake is that I did not specifically "ask" if it was a refurb. I do like the gun however (although I won't shoot it for awhile). The bluing on the slide matches the rest of the gun, unlike some of the plum colored ones.

One other thing, who makes an adequate paddle holster or such for one of these ?

tlhelmer,

I was in a similar situation a couple of months ago. I bought a "NIB" P7M8 1996 vintage. It did not have the warranty card or manual with it, so I was skeptical of the NIB status. I called HK and asked them if it was registered already for the warranty. She said it was not, and since it was sold NIB, she would send me a warranty card. :)

So I would think that you should be able to register the gun if it already has a card with it. Just make sure the sales receipt does not indicate that it was sold LNIB, b/c you need to send a copy of it with the warranty card.

Liquid Tension, keep the faith. I had been looking a long time before I found mine. Don't settle for something less than what you truly want or you will be sorry in the end. Patience pays off.

FWIW, I talked to an HK rep, and as long as it hasn't been registered with HK, you can send in the card. As above, they will send you one. Also, you do not have to be the purchaser, on the card it has a separate entry for who the warranty be registered to.
He also told me availability will be better as the year goes by, as production is stepped up and police contracts are filled.
The P7 is making a comeback as more pre-ban mags fall into the hands of scalpers, and the hi-cap "wonder-nines" fall out of favor.

Back