Gatling Guns

:) I can only afford the ammo for these types of weapons when playing QUAKE... you just find it laying all over the place ;)

M.

4V50 Gary:

Did your buddy use the 5.56 minigun or the 7.62 minigun on those river patrols? I was under the impression that few if any militarys ever bought the 5.56 minigun.

Of course, the river rats in the Mekong Delta no doubt got most anything that worked that they could midnight requisition I'm sure!

The gun on "Predator" is a Stembridge gun rental special. I don't think any hand-held gun like that was ever deployed. What I can't figure out watching the movie is where did they hide the extension cord? :)

Edmund

I too have a friend with pictures of his 7.62 Mini-Gun on his PBR. The friend is a retired CW4 (Navy) and was happy about the way they broke ambushs but said that he had to have a Conex full of barrels. His thoughts are the the weapon was designed for aircraft and just got too hot on a boat.

Giz

Another comment:

Is that the triple-minigun that flipped over and killed the owner's daughter at Knob Creek a few years ago? I heard it fractured his little girl's skull. Fortunately it didn't flip over and spray uprange on full auto IIRC.

Edmund

The 556 mini is a rare breed! I only know of two in existence I could be wrong but they were never put in service. If you want a new mini 782 they are available for a lot less money than is being quoted. As far as I know we are the only company making rotors and delinkers now. .

Back