Gaston Glock, 1929 - 2023

I remember the BS that people used to create controversy. The ones who fell for it were idiots or pushing an anti gun agenda, but I repeat myself, :D

I never warmed up to the design, I have shot some, but the gun doesn't have the features I want, and does things I don't like.

I've had a couple fail to function properly a time or two during new gun break in testing, which puts them in exactly the same place as my "blued steel and wood grip" guns. Never worn out any gun (though have worn out parts) so the fabled "reliability and durability" is the same for me as my other pistols.

What bothered me more than the design was the company's attitude particularly in the early days when they were focused on dominating the police market. And then, they advertised that they were "perfection".

That made sure I was never a big fan. No question about it, their guns do work, nearly always work really well. They just never attracted me enough to become a fan.

Herr Glock belongs in the group with Winchester, and the others who ran gun companies with good design and engineering teams which let them design build and market a sucessful product.

Back