Funnest caliber?

I don't know if there has been a thread similar to this or not, but I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite round is to shoot. And by shoot I mean without knocking you on your butt and enjoying the boom. :D Here are some of mine:
.22lr
17. hmr
7mm-08
and of course the 12 gauge:rolleyes:

I get a kick out of .22 magnum

get a little bit more recoil, noise, power... I wish there was a .32 rimfire (still)

But for the price i would rather shoot .22 LR

For me the ones that are fun ( because they are what I have shot the most ) are 9mm, 38sp and .357. I love the bang of the .357. And maybe I am a glutton for punishment but I also like the little bit of the bite I get from the recoil of .357.

another .22

Cheapest to shoot , and you don't have to load for it.

Loading has become a bit of a chore, and its a nice break to just bang away for pennies a shot, and not worry about the brass.

Bang for the buck goes to 22lr, but I enjoy shooting cowboy loads from cowboy guns so my list of fun calibers would be.
38 spec/357 mag
38/40
44 spec/44 mag
45 Colt

I can have a ton of fun with a .22lr. And I can have fun all day every day with it AND afford it.

Semi auto fun? Penetration tests with a .357Sig... WHEW!

Revolver fun? Hard to beat anything that ends in Magnum; unless of course it ends in "Colt".

Rifle fun, .223 or 7.62x54r.

And anything black powder is a Blast:D, including black powder itself.

~LT

The funnest caliber is a 450 Marlin, me shooting 300 gr with trail boss, my buddy then trying his hand (unbeknown of the difference) at 405 gr with full load.

Cheapest by far is 22LR but it tops my "most boring thing ever invented" list. I really can't understand the fun in it. I've shot plenty of 22s. Rifles, handguns, bolt-action, semi-auto, even pump action. 22LR is spelled "b-o-r-i-n-g" in my world.

I find handguns to generally be more fun than rifles but it somewhat depends on what I'm doing. "Blasting away" with handguns is loads of fun. As long as the BOOM! is big-ish it doesn't much matter what cartridge. 9mm, 357sig, 10mm, 45acp... Revolvers in 357, 38, 44mag or spl,....don't matter, they're all fun. Performance wise, I prefer 10mm but if I'm blowing up jugs (or frogs:eek:) any of them will do.

Rifles, I like long(ish) distances and small targets/groups. I don't like recoil so I top out at 7mm-08. 204 Ruger and 22-250 are tons of fun.

.300 Weatherby Magnum--the world stops turning for just a fraction of a second every time I squeeze off a round.:D

-7-

Back