Full auto handguns, Beretta 93R, Glock 18

well, here's the most controllable machine pistol: the Steckin APB, a silenced version of APS

262162.jpg

Note that all 10 shots were fired in short bursts, at the range of 25 meters, with the shoulder stock attached.
first 4-round burst went up ant to the left, the rest were dead on.
Recoil was negligible, and the sound was not louder than yout srandard .22LR pistol.
The worst thing was that i was given way too few rounds of ammunition to get a real fun.
Still, it was excellent experience.

262163.jpg

I'll have to post a pic of my Glock 18 target. I've got a few more holes because I got to shoot 2 - 30rd mags, but my patterns weren't any tighter :o

A very specialized weapon!

william, I too have no need for a suppressor but I still want one as the french say 'I don't know why'. Or was that 'I don't know what'? Well, who cares what they say. I don't know why I still have over 20 guns not that I use all of them regularly but I still like looking at them from time to time and not having to ask someone if I may.

MORE importantly is you are spraying a lot of rounds with a full auto not-so-controllable pistol. What do you think is going to happen if ONE round hits an innocent? You'll have the first incident where the anti's can use to go after our full-autos. Up to now we have a spotless record - all we need is for one person to abuse it to make it bad for rest of us.

You do realize that by saying that, you pretty much made CCW as a whole sound bad? Bullets penetrate, shots miss. Its a fact of life.

The only reasons that a Machine pistol wouldn't be good for concealed carry are:

1) size, either they have to be large to control, or so small you can't control it

2) ammunition consumption

3) accuracy

4) noise

Whats the point of wasting the funds for a machine pistol to carry it, just to maybe get the same amount of hits as you would with any standard semi-automatic.

Machine pistols were designed with one thought, suppression fire.

FA "Pocket guns"

Of the 4 drawbacks listed, I see the 4th one as the worst. Long strings of fire will draw the BG to your site. Is there a way to limit the string to 2 or 3 rounds? Yes: switch off of FA, and pull your own strings of 3 or 4. And be sure to relocate after each burst ,if possible.

There are a lot of misconceptions about FA pistols, namely that they are uncontrollable in FA fire. Not true, you just have to practice.

Last summer at our state Peace Officer's Conference the Glock guy was there, with numerous Glocks for officers to test and fire. Of course, I fired the Glock 18. I watched many officers fire it, like they would fire their service guns. And lo and behold, the muzzle would climb up the target, up the bank, etc. No one thought a full mag could be dumped in a target straight thru. I bet a guy that I could fire a full mag, FA, and keep all the rounds inside the 7 ring on a B-27. I did it. Then I took a 33 round mag, and fired it FA straight thru, one round in the 7, 5 rounds in the 8, and everything else inside of that. Even the Glock rep was impressed (not enough to hire me for demos, :-). I am not trying to brag, but to show it can be done with practice.

I do not think, however, an 18 or other FA pistol is a good choice for CCW, unless you have a chopper to bring you ammo.

They have their applications, but for me, it was damn fun. Nothing brightens your day like fully automatic weapons fire. Unless it's directed at you...

Back