Friend kidnapped last night

Crosshair;

The 7.62x25 is the most popular handgun round over here. Personally, I'm not much of a fan but apparently the influx of Tok started when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan. After they left, the gunsmiths along the Afghan border started mass producing the Tokarev simply because previously, the more popular handgun rounds were .22lr, .38 and .32. All of them were obviously less potent than the Tokarev and the 7.62x25 round brought along a semi-auto handgun format with it. Therefore, you got a powerful round with 8 shot magazines. Something very different than the .32 and .38 service revolvers.

Its been popular ever since. You get a TT-30 variant around here for as less as 50$ and as high as 200-300$. The ammo is quite cheap as well. But the 9mm is now the standard handgun round for the LEA's and Military here and even the people are shifting to the 9mm.

I own a Tokarev variant too, btw. It's a Type-54 made by China for their military. Comes with an external safety.

LOW,
I just read that story on the news paper. Didn't possibly know that the businessman was your friend. I am glad he is safe now.

IMO, The kidnapping was not random. The family that guy belongs to is a well known name with multiple businesses etc. The kidnapping must have been planned thoroughly. One better keep a low profile here as kidnappings have been sky rocketed in last 2-3 years.

The guy was armed. I can safely assume he was not trained even with the level of training an average CCW holder in USA has. So what made him not to use his firearm : the lack of training or the fear for his family? LOW might tell us about it.

@Anthrax. Buddy, Can't really agree with you on RPG part. Ever been to Lyari in Karachi? ;)

Wow. Glad to hear your friend is safe. He really should consider an armored car if he is the high profile business type. While they are expensive, his safety and his family's safety should be more than enough to justify the investment.

I'm sure your friend made the right decision when he decided not to resist. One on four odds is pretty bad. If he pulled his handgun, there is a good chance they would have all been killed. Even if his wife was armed (as suggested by armoredman), it would have been a stupid decision to resist against 4 armed attackers. Do most kidnappings result in the abductee being returned safely once the ransom is paid? If so, compliance is the best option and then let the cops follow the bad guys once the person is safe.

LordofWar: I'm glad to hear that your friend was rescued and returned to his family. You live in a difficult place, and I hope you and yours can remain safe.

I hate to sound like a ghoul.....but, what kind of damage did the 7.62x25 do to your friend's shoulder and leg? We hear much about the Tok round being ineffective due to it's size and penetration. I'd like to hear about his injuries and the Tok's effect on tissue.

Thank you in advance....stay safe....

LordofWar, where did the kidnappers approach your friend and his family? Was he driving or walking? Was it a "bad" neighbourhood (for PK)?

Back