Frenzy Gun Buying

I'm in the car biz. Our division has 12 dealerships. We like the money our service departments make. Most brake jobs require pads / shoes, and usually at worst rotors / drums. If we thought it made sense, we'd change brake fluid all the time, and the factories would require it if it was a safety / maintenance issue.

Do it if you want to, but I think this is a 'Chevy is good / Ford is better' argument. IMHO.

Now I'll expect the usual 'all car dealers are crooks' flames ...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited June 19, 1999).]

Basicly we can't prove the case one way or the other. So if it makes you feal better about your car, by all means do it. Your not hurting anything, and you may even be helping. Its your money and your piece of mind.

FYI: I have mine flushed every couple years. Its cheap, and even if it does nothing but make me feal a little better, thats good enough for me. I wish I could purchase piece of mind this cheaply on other issues
smile.gif

Chuck

OK! I'm sorry I said anything. Wish I had never brought it up. To all the folks in the car biz please note I said SOME shops. Not all, just some. We all know that there are some major rip off artists out there. Glad to hear your not one of them. Jeez, I was just trying to offer a little help.

Hank- you have my deepest, most sincere apologies for hi-jacking your thread. I didn't mean to, it just sort of happened. Next time I'll stick to the posted topic.

Now that we have this settled, can we please just go back to Frenzy Gun Buying? OK?

Here you go, Greyfox.

(nervous tapping on the glass at your local gunshop at 8:55AM December 31st, 1999)

OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!!

smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
John/az

"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

www.countdown9199.com

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited June 20, 1999).]

John,
That's what happens the day before Deer season EVERY year! LOL

------------------
Your mind is your primary weapon.
USE IT!

Greyfox, No problem. I never knew so much about break fluid. I guess I need to change mine too.
Good Shooting, Hank

guys, normal driving will heat brke fluid abve the boiling point of water and it will vent back thru the master cylinder after you release the brakes. problems come from vehicles that sit in storage or aren't driven for comparatively long periods of time
ie:several months at a minimum. then you may indeed have moisture in the fluid, and it will play heck with parts. if you drive it, i wouldn't worry. if it sits alot, better safe than sorry.
cmore

Forget the break fluid folks! Took the little 7x57 to camp this past weekend! The express sights were virgin, no V or anything else in the rear sight until I had bore sighted a spot on the wall, pulled the file out, did several incantations and made a notch.

Impulse buying is GREAT! She's a dandy. Will need more sight work, 5" high at 25 yds, but a tight little group in the rain. I can't wait until I can do some bench, chrono, and more sight work done!

I'm very happy I could make this "Frenzy" purchase! Like many others!

Good shooting, Hank

From: Ivan 6-28-99 1025 PM EDT a few people mentioned stocking up on ammo. Here is my perameters for ammo stockpile for Y2K Emergency or similar scenario. For military type rifles you should have one thousand rounds for each weapon(thousand rounds is a bare minumumfor each so called assault rifle). For 22 rifles and pistols at least ten thousand rounds some of which you can use for trade. For each shotgun I would have 500 rds mixed buckshot and shot loads. Each handgun should have one thousand rds per pistol. Ammo still is plentiful as I discovered at last gun show . How long?

I just checked back and cant believe your debating this.....lol......in the interest of saving bandwidth, lets let this topic end.....please...fubsy.

Back