Free Cast Bullets Giveaway 100 Hollowpoints

Reloader...yes, if your alloy is proper for your velocity. I haven't done any expansion tests yet, but have heard (and seen pictures of) guys having great results running 8-9 BHN alloy around 800-900 FPS (45acp).

It`s really a balancing act between BHN & velocity to get a good expandin load & the HP not shatterin , splinterin or just collapsing on itself.

This is where a chronograph really pays for itself in load development !!!

chrono-1.jpg

You chrono your staple gun to know how fast your staples are flying. Duh! :rolleyes: :D

BTW, are you shooting the 3 grain Stanley-Bostich staples or the 4 grain Swingline staples? :D

This thread is becoming more entertaining than the drawing it promotes. Shiny bullets, cool moulds, great pix. What more could we ask for?
If we start speculating about the relative ballistic coefficients of 3/8" staples vs 1/2 inch staples we'd be taking a serious risk of getting locked up, not talkin' 'bout the thread, either. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The decision on what constitutes an entry will be up to Disco and ICH. If I were to suggest, I think an intelligently entered post or pics that haven't been previously posted along with at least in exerpt on the context of said photo would be fine.

Well fellas I had to get shut eye & missed out last nite !!!!

The staple gun name does start with a S but no &W & will make a staple go down range at 157.357 fps :D oh 5/16 length staple I did`nt have no 3/8 to compare to .

& I have an expanded HP around here somewhere , if I had`nt already remelted it !!!

Found it !!
102_0371.jpg

DR ya gonna try full 500 loads with cast ????

Last edited:
Would like to use cast for shootin paper at least... I know nothing about gas checks tho... and I dont have brass yet either....its kind of been put on the back burner for now..

Tuttle says

The decision on what constitutes an entry will be up to Disco and ICH. If I were to suggest, I think an intelligently entered post or pics that haven't been previously posted along with at least in exerpt on the context of said photo would be fine.

Disco original post included....

Preferably actual useful posts

Meaning that the giveaway was intended to help out with expanding content and hoping to raise interest in the Casting forum...so I would hope that members would post content somewhat pertanant to the thread they are replying to... Of course joking around is always pleasant also..but I would hope that members would NOT reply to threads with nothing close to useful...just to get a shot at 100 free bullets.....Also to note would be the fact that a member can only win one time in a calender year anyway.

I, myself dont mind a sense of humor,, so I trust that members will try to post useful replies that actually have useful/helpful info equal to or exceeding the humorous posts.

Also to note is that ICH and myself are NOT ENTERED in the drawing, of course,,and that it was discussed briefly and concluded that staff members should not be entered as it may be a conflict of interest due to them posting to regulate other members' posts.

Back