Found a shotgun,

I went back and found a shotgun shaped depression in the ground and looked around; I am certain there is no part of the butt stock or the bolt to hold it on the receiver laying where they should be if they had been attached to the rest of the gun.

This gun got out there, 300 yards from any house, and was left there without the butt stock attached. How and why?

Butt stock cracked or broke and an attempt to repair it went wrong? But why take it 300 yards to throw it away. It's not like it was in a gulley that was being used as a trash pit.

Still a mystery to me.

I think I will mount it to a board cut from a tree from those woods and mount it above the fireplace. It can stay with the property.

Alfredr

I have settled on a bigfoot grabbed it from a very surprised hunter, broke it in two and threw the pieces in different directions. The hunter, of course, couldn't get anyone to believe him, (and may have had a reputation for drinking a little too) to go out and look for either the bigfoot or the gun. He never went back to that area alone again.

Back