Forgot safe combination under stress

The safe in my bedroom closet has a 9mm and a 45 in it, and has the same 5 digit combo as the lock code on my cell phone. So I use it dozens of times a day and don't really even think about the number sequence, it's just kinda there. But the code also spells out an alpha sequence that's meaningful and very easy for my wife to remember.

I have two guns safes one large an one small.
the large is a old school dial the wheel to open safe lots of storage room and heavy as hell.
the smaller one is a simple one digital key pad and key back up
when I'm home the key is in on my car keys to it, I put my pistol in and when I go to bed I place the keys where I know they are. its not a safe designed to keep a real criminal out, only kids and it keeps insurance companies happy.
I wouldn't trust it to keep a pro out. but I like the fact it takes keys or I can provide a code to the wife if needed, and I can change it to!(not always a bad thing sometimes I **** her off) after all I need to sleep to!

After an event where two dogs (one was a large pit bull cross) tried to attack me through my glass front storm door, . . . AND, . . . I couldn't get the safe open, . . . I now leave it open any time I am home, . . . or my wife is home.

The event was a wake up for me, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

Back