For those who conceal carry a .44 Magnum...

An Azula holster (very nice South African leather!) for my S&W 4" 29-10, .44 Magnum loaded with Hornady 240 XTP hollowpoint Magnums. As long as I have a long shirt, untucked, or a flannel or coat in cooler weather, this rig hides pretty well. My 3" Talo 629-6 S&W .44 magnum carrys the same SD load, but sits in a Desantis OWB, high and tight, and even in the summer, just a loose T shirt covers it. Nice fishing rig. The trick is having a thick, wide, stiff leather belt, and snugging it in tight, as this holds even a big revolver nice and flat. Only drawback is if you go to a Chinese buffet and want to loosen your belt. :D

Last edited:
When I had it my 629 mountain gun, inside the waistband loaded with .44 Special JHPs. I would show the photo but having issues getting my Photobucket account back.

I've got a few N frame revolvers I'd like to carry: 4" 29, 4" 625, and a 4" 27.

The problem is I don't have a concealment holster.

Any recommendations?

Kramer scabbard seems to fit a gun so precisely, I'd have to choose between my three N frames. Dang. I was hoping for one holster that could work for all three.

OK- I gotta ask.
Why in the world would anyone concealed carry a .44 magnum?
The only scenario I can think of is if that's your only gun, and youi can't afford to buy a more suitable gun. Grizzly bears notwithstanding.
A .44 mag has far too much penetration, muzzle blast and recoil, and is too big and heavy to be a sensible concealed carry gun.

Bill DeShivs said:
The only scenario I can think of is if that's your only gun, and youi can't afford to buy a more suitable gun. Grizzly bears notwithstanding.
A .44 mag has far too much penetration, muzzle blast and recoil, and is too big and heavy to be a sensible concealed carry gun.

I used to carry a 10mm Kimber Eclipse, but for the last year or two I've carried a S&W69 L-Frame 4-1/4" 5-shot .44mag. It weighs an ounce less than the 1911. I can shoot it more accurately. And it's more powerful.

When the black bears are awake, I load it with Underwood 240 gr XTP's. That's the best compromise between bears and bad guys. When the bears are asleep, I use a mix of the 240 gr XTP's, 180 gr XTP's, and 200 gr JHP's (Nosler).

OK- I gotta ask.

Want aside, if you carry ratshot for snakes, you also have a pistol you can CC
in town. Unless you are going to keep changing guns, every time you go to town,
or go out on the property.

For a revolver having .44 Magnum "power" that needs to be relatively light and compact for concealed carry duties, you might want to consider the Taurus Model 415, having a 2 1/2" ported barrel and chambered in .41 Magnum. Mine has proven to be reliable and surprisingly controllable when firing quick, repeat shots.

IF....Im carrying my 44mag (629 5") its in a strong side pancake holster loaded with 255 grain keith style SWCs over 24 grains of 4227. That'll ruin ANYTHINGS day. I only carry that when Im in brown/black bear and cat country. Wife carries a G27 loaded with 180 grainers, she'll hit em alot, Ill hit em hard.

Back