Fobus Holster's

I have the Fobus C-21 paddle holster, which I initially purchased for Para P12. Pants retention is good. Gun retention is adequate, but I doubt the gun would remain holstered in the event of a fall.

It carries my SA Champion very well also.

My only problem with the Fobus C-21 is shared by many holsters of this generic pattern - the lack of a shield between thumb safety and body. It's just too easy to inadvertently move the 1911 thumb safety to fire position by contact with my body when getting in and out of my vehicle.

Sensop, I have the single 9mm mag carriers. They are paddle. I can't remember the model though. It appears to be pretty universal. Considering that it fit my .40 single stack PERFECTLY. Therefore, just because the firearm isn't listed, that doesn't mean it won't fit. Go to the local gun shop and ask if you can see. Thats what I did, and it worked fine.

Fobus' new Roto-Holster is pretty slick. Can be adjusted a full 360 so you can wear it strongside, weakside crossdraw, small of back or even upside down. It's one of those, "Why didn't I think of this?"

1911 in Fobus

I have standard Fobus paddle holsters for the 1911 type and the Glock 19. I like both very much, and carry my Commander in one most days. I don't consider it a deep concealment holster, but under a loose jacket or tails-out shirt, it works fine. Fast, secure, and very convenient.

I use the single-cell paddle mag holder, too.

For the money, it is an outstanding value.

For those needing the sweat shield, the G-Code hoster is excellent, but the angle is a bit wrong for me. Doesn't conceal quite as well on my body type.

Best,
Johnny

Newbie holster concerns....

I'm new to pistols, just bought a bhp for recreation. I don't carry, and have tried ipsc a couple of times. I bought a paddle fobus c-2 for my browning and it fits like a glove. I'm still trying to get used to drawing the pistol. The holster fits so well that there is a click that I can feel/hear when I insert the gun the whole way. I'm pretty sure that it is the trigger guard sliding into the area molded to fit it. Trouble is that it takes quite a tug to break free. Is this standard fare? Did I get a carry holster when I really wanted something less grabby? I got it used, a real deal at $10, so if I need to do some "plastic smithing" I don't mind. Alternatively, I can buy a replacement that better fits my needs. Help? :confused:

Kenneth

Back