Fobus Holster's

E. BeauBeaux

Tried one for the fist time last month for my 1911A1, didn't think I would like something not leather. This thing is really good or I think so anyway. Anyone else tried these, and what do you think of them? I now have one for the Beretta also.

I like mine a lot. Very slick. And especially nice considering the only other holsters in this price range are usually cheap chunks of nylon crap.

Question for those of you who have these.....

Did you buy the belt, or the paddle? I'm thinking 'bout the paddle, and wondering how well it conceals....

Love it!

I love my paddle...so much that i went to the store and bought two mag carriers, when I only need one!!! Dang, guess I need another mag...:D Seirously though, with a good belt, the paddle stays in place and draws well. No problems so far...

Paddle is what I have, also the double mag holder and it's the paddle type as well. I wish I had tried this stuff when it first came out, guess it has something to do with the saying. Old dog's and new trick's.

Does a Fobus holster designed for 1911s fit Springfield "Loaded" models?

I heard that it does not. I'd appreciate it if someone can clarify.

Thanks.

Skorzeny

I have one for my P99, PPK and my Kimber. I like them alot. They're comfortable to wear and light. They hold the gun securely, though I don't think a snatch attempt would hold onto it.

I had a rough spot on the top inside inboard edge of my Kimber holster that put a small mark on the finish on the slide top. I have since cleaned the area up with some fine sandpaper.

Good product at a good price.

Skorzeny, my 1911A1 is the loaded version 9mm and it fits perfectly. Planning on doing the IDPA fun match in August with the set-up.

Yesterday I got the Uncle Mike's 1911 kydex paddle, which has adjustment screws. It cinched down to my Para P14 perfectly. Carrys it great. Looks great. Hard to take off, though. Almost had to undress. (Anyone know the secret of taking the thing off?)

I have a Fobus paddle for a Glock 19 and for a S&W J-frame. These two work great. But the Fobus 1911 holster did NOT fit my Para P14, nor did their holster for the S&W 3913 fit. Guns were loose. No adjustment screws on the Fobus. Sent them back.

At this point I will say Uncle Mike's is best.

My Fobus paddle far exceeded my expectations. Bought it to tide me over until I could afford "something better", but haven't found the need to upgrade. Even with a full-size auto, concealment is decent with most jackets. Weapon rides in a very comfortable and natural position. It's quite comfortable for extended wear, unless I'm wearing a particularly thin or short shirt. Heckuva deal for $20.

- AP

First one I bought was for my Glock. That's the belt model. I liked it so much that I bought a paddle version for my 1911. What's nice is that they grip just enough gun so that you can use it with so many similar guns that are not exactly the same. What fits your original WWI Colt 1911 will also fit your Llama MiniMax or your FireStorm double-stack and everything inbetween. What fits your full sized 9x19mm Glock with also fit your compact or sub-compact 40S&W or 45ACP. It comes in real handy if you have similar handguns or you are one that trades a lot.

Why does "Cheaper than Dirt" site list Fobus 1911 holster as "does not fit Springfield 1911s"?

I'm thinking about buying a couple of Fobus holsters, but I'd like to make sure that they fit my full-size Springfield 1911 "Loaded."

I have a Safariland paddle holster (the same one that Wilson Combat sells, I think) that fits a BHP, CZ-75 and a 1911. It is made with synthetic material, has brushed leather surface and tension screws. It is a bit pricy at about $45, but can be made to fit A LOT of different guns while still having good retention.

Skorzeny

I should have been a little more specific. I've been looking for a Fobus single mag, paddle carrier for a Mak mag. I still don't see it listed in their "What Fits What" listing. Seems like they'd sell a million of 'em.

The Roto holster is a clever idea.

They should have it. Try emailing them. When in doubt ask.

I will probably buy the Roto holster just to try out different angles.

At the gun store I work we carry both Fobus and Uncle Mikes. I own several holsters from both. I also have several custom holsters in Kydex. Too bad these factory holsters weren't avaiable when I needed them the most. Buy the Fobus mag carriers and the UM holsters. Some of the Fobus need modifications for newer models of revolvers. They all require practice to use smoothly. Both are good products and good buys.

Cheers,

ts

Back