Florida--looking better & better

This bill just makes sense. Why shouldnt people that are attacked be able to defend themselves? This bill does not allow people to go around provoking fights, only to defend when attacked. If you can do it in your home, why shouldnt you be able to do it wherever you go?

The sad thing is a legislative bill had to pass to allow people to do what they already should have a right to do.

At least Florida is in the process of restoring rights rather than taking them away.

I don't really see how it helps, I mean with or without the bill, if you felt your life was in danger you had the right to shoot? Am I right?

Yes but the laws protect you from prosecution and civil suit from the BG and his family etc, that's where its value is. Not to mention without the duty to retreat, I assume one no longer needs to cower in the face of danger in their home or car.

I hate California.
"I'm sorry people, but if I'm attacked I shouldn't have a duty to retreat," said the bill's sponsor, Rep. Dennis Baxley, R-Ocala. "That's a good way to get shot in the back."
Makes sense to me.

Before you guys all pack up and move down here...

Don't forget what happened last summer with 4 freaking hurricanes, the mosquitos big enough to swat you back, and humidity so thick you need a machete to cut through.

On the other hand, no state income tax is a MAJOR plus. Good luck trying to find something in the Miami area though. Housing prices are flat out rediculous!

Have you guys read the language of the bill? A person will still need to convince a jury they acted reasonably. Bills are nice, jury instructions are what matters.

Have you guys read the language of the bill? A person will still need to convince a jury they acted reasonably. Bills are nice, jury instructions are what matters.

You are absolutely right, and I don't think be that hard to prove its unreasonable to defend yourself when a person pulls a gun/knife on you wherever you are.

Then again, a jury did acquit OJ...

In America, you are innocent until you are bankrupt.

Florida is a cool place to live. Although there is a high crime rate - there are a lot of beach babes there - which makes the hurricanes almost tolerable.

Enjoy your new law Floridians!!

Darn, I forgot to mention the beach babes!!! Miami has a lot of super hotties. Your chances are better than average too as many of the buff beach bums are homos! :p :eek: :D .

As for Jkwas... you should have bought the guns before the hurricane. It could have been too late for you if things got really bad. I remember right after Hurrican Andrew, the freaking looters in the Cutler Ridge area were out in force before anyone else. Firearms are also handy for the jackasses that price gouge on stuff since they are in high demand. It is amazing how catastrophic events bring out the best in many poeple but bring out the worst in some. :mad: :confused: :barf:

Yeah, well I had the shotgun for the hurricanes, but I felt that a pistol would be quicker to put into action, and easier to carry around, especially in the car.
we had looters in our subdivision as well. Kind of shook us up. :(

Back