florida firearm denial

Further inspection reveals that this rifle is not the one I purchased.

Further inspection reveals that this rifle is not the one I purchased.

I purchased the DPMS LR-308C (Model: RFLR-C). I specifically wanted the rifle chambered for 7.62 NATO as DPMS's website and agent communicated to me.

This rifle's barrel is clearly stamped that it is chambered for .308 only.

I too got a Non-Approval status today.

I am a 20 year old Caucasian male with only two things on my record:

An old Petit Theft in 2009 worth less than $50.00. Case Closed, No Contest, Ajud. Withheld.

Speeding Ticket 9/22/09 pled not guilty, waiting on the court date.

I was trying to buy a WASR-10 and when I went to pick it up today, I was declined. I had purchased two firearms since both instances on my record with no issue; One was a Saiga 7.62 and a Mosin-Nagant.

I offered the FFL to pay for a second background check, because it could have been possible that the person on the other end of the phone might have entered the wrong SSN. They refused to re-run the background and gave me the non-approval appeal form and sent me on my merry way.

I am going to send it in overnight on Tuesday. Does anyone know how long it would take? What caused this to happen?

I to have a "stupid" mark on my adolesent record for possetion of marijuana. every time i buy a gun i have to wait three to five days to pick it up,but have never actually been deny'd. its a pain in the @#$ but i guess there going to punish me for the rest of my life for my youthfull mistakes. I thought it was legal to buy a firearm for a relitive or family member as a gift! am i wrong?

Back