Florida camping gun thoughts

Forgot to mention

I forgot to mention one other thing. If you don't have them already, a good pair of snake boots would be a good thing to have.

Been here 12 years now, company relocated me from SoCal.
Dang hogs are real, but funny I have only seen them while driving into RSW airport here in Fort Myers. Lots of deer as well along the air cargo service road.
Dont think you'll be camping there, soooooooo...I got nothing..lol

I'd feel safe with that 44..

Don't they have a Rock Python snake problem in FL?

I'd pack at least a good .357 magnum and some shot shells as well as JHPs.

Deaf

pythons

The big python problem in Florida is mainly the Burmese pythons that are eating everything in the Everglades area. It gets too cold for them further north. If you're talking about a python, I'd rather have a 12 gauge by my side.

Kevin_d77

And of course our state bird, the mosquito. Take plenty of bug repellant and use it. I had a coworker die from West Nile virus last year up in Jacksonville, given he was an older gentleman but still. West Nile and encephalitis are not pleasant experiences.

I have lived in Fl my entire life and have never personally seen a Fl Panther or wild boar for that matter but I do know they're out there so be careful

Hey where do you live in southwest Fl where you don't see Wild Boar they are every where here in Charlotte County. Panthers are another story I have seen them but it's very rare they are good at staying hidden a lot like the Snunk Apes:D

Aside from mosquitoes, your biggest aggressor will be water mocs if near water or gators if it is mating season.

Damn near hit a panther in the panhandle area with my car but otherwise, no issue with them or bears.

Meth heads and Rainbow Folks in Ocala forest. The range is anything goes; sometimes there is someone acting as RSO but always have a second person -one to change targets and one to watch the guns while the other changes the targets - lots of unsafe yahoos pointing guns everywhere

Lots of good places to shoot, even outdoors; north of Ocala, Bradford Sportsmens Farm has sporting clays, pistol ranges, rifles ranges and an 850 yard range

NSSF has a smart phone app called Where to Shoot - you put in you zip and it finds every indoor and outdoor place with your specified radius

Grizz, I live in Tampa now but I grew up down in Port Charlotte/Deep Creek area. I just never went looking for them I guess. I know they're around!

Back