Flashlights

I use an Inforce on my M4 (INF-WML-B-W-M-H).
Lightweight, 200 lumen, momentary on switch only and uses 123A battery.
Can be had for about $120.

This. I run Inforce "momentary only" WMLs on several of my ARs, from my 16" recce to my 9" SBR.

As was stated, they're nice and compact and not weighty. The WMLs have an integrated attachment piece for the rails. They work especially well w/ Hailey Strategic's Thorntail offset mount.

And unless you're conducting searches out in the fields or boonies for escaped convicts or ISIS-invaders, you don't really need to be hanging a heavy, hi-beam type on your basic home-defense AR, ... and certainly not on a multi-purpose grab-n-go carbine.

Flashlights are like guns, you will never know everything. The candlepower forum about flashlights is a huge forum.

Same thing with oil. The bob's your oil guy forum is huge:)

Anyway, my favorite flashlight is Fenix LD12.

I am/was an avid Surefire fan, I have quite a few of their handheld lights and two different weapon mounted lights. I was recently introduced to Terralux, you get the same quality as Surefire, more features and pay about 1/3 the price.

I have spent time in Louisiana, I have never stepped into a boat that did not have a 'Q' beam, and I said "When I get home I am going to get me one of those" and they said "All I need is a 'bull eye". Some of those lights will burn a hole through the fog.

Then there are coon hunters, they strap on something like another version of the 'bull eye' with a battery pack. You would think one would be enough in a crowd but with coon hunters everyone has to have one.

F. Guffey

I took a red lens spot light made by primos and rebuilt it to use an H3 motorcycle halogen headlamp bulb and replaced the battery with a 12v electric fence battery. The light clipped to the scope and I could really light up those pigs and coyotes.

The battery was placed in a back pack with other hunting goodies.

Spent many long nights out in the boonies with that set up.

Back