Streamlight PT 2AA

• 2 AA batteries
  • 120 lumens high power
  • strobe and low power options
  • fits in my pocket
  • pressure switch with positive click on/off
  • (ETA: LED bulb)

opplanet-streamlight-pt-series-2aa-flashlight-01.jpg

When carry a flashlight, which is almost always, I have a inexpensive Dorcy brand L.E.D. light which runs on three AAA batteries. Small enough to fit in a pocket. I attached a woven 6" long lanyard to it. I now have a decent small light and a one shot blackjack all in one.

A SureFire 6PL with a Malkoff M61 drop-in. The M61 replaces the P60L that comes stock. If you plan to buy a replacement drop-in, then you can buy the less expensive incandescent SF 6P. The 6P and 6PL have been discontinued, so I don't know about availability.

I also have a flashlight that looks a lot like the Surefire 6P and is much less expensive. Bought a Solarforce L2P host and put a Thrunite P60 style drop-in lamp. So for just a bit more than $50, I have a flashlight with HAIII finish, almost 400 lumens, and excellent tint.

Even though the Solarforce has been 100% reliable so far, the SF w/M61 will always be my bedside light. It cost significantly more, but Surefire and Malkoff have well-earned reputations for quality and reliability. Some will argue SureFire is overpriced, but I personally disagree. There is more to any product than its advertised specs.

However, that’s not to say there aren’t many well made flashlights coming out of China. Fenix is by far the most well known and can be found in some retail stores. The majority of quality "made in China" flashlights are only available through a number of online retailers. JETBeam and EagleTac are 2 that I like, but there are quite a few others making good stuff.

But if you want the best go with SureFire or HDS Systems. Both American made and very high quality. Surefire will not have the latest emitter or offer the highest output per dollar, but they work when you need it to work.

Surefire E2E.

I've been using it for the past 6+ years, and while it's showing it's age, it still works as good as the day I bought it. I've replaced the bulb once and lost track of the number of batteries I've gone through.

Biker

Night Vision

I use night vision.

I never want to let anyone know that I am coming or where I am.

Some are taught to shoot at the light. Or shoot just to the left of the light.

Not taking any chances.

Surefire 6P LED 120 lumens.

P1010978-1.jpg

You have got to be able to identify your target in all lighting conditions.

Keep your options open.

Besides the obvious low-light (indoors and out of doors) and night scenarios, even in some daylight situations a flashlight is necessary to illuminate a possible threat to overcome back lighting and reveal whether it is a threat or a friendly.

I have a friend that loves to shoot 454 Casull, claims he doesnt need a light because if the bullet misses the burning 1/2 acre in front of the gun left by the blast will get the bg...

:D true story!

Last edited:
I also have had it for 3 or 4 months now, and use it all of the time. Original batteries still in it and just as bright as when I bought it. Its funny I sometimes feel as if I am holding a spot light.

Back